Is this a bug or is fusion difficulty is ridiculous 06/01/2018 11:30 PM CDT
Is this really the case? There has to be a freaking bug somewhere...the level of difficult for fusion is ridiculous.

For a 4x 3slot fusion, HCP, nothing else, no ensorcell, nothing - I get this:

You will likely need a miracle to complete this enchantment.

How can it be this ridiculously difficult when I've taken HCP w/ enhancives armor/weapons,etc all up previously to 7x+ with hardly any effort. And yet a simple 4x to 5x enchant needs a miracle?
Re: Is this a bug or is fusion difficulty is ridiculous 06/01/2018 11:32 PM CDT
Additionally note that I'm a capped wizard. A 5x enchant requiring a miracle is just way out of line with all other difficulties I've seen.
Re: Is this a bug or is fusion difficulty is ridiculous 06/02/2018 01:21 AM CDT
From GM Coase on 12/16/2017 specifically regarding fusion:

Fusion Enchanting and Ensorcelling

The enhancive item enchanting/ensorcelling penalty is now based upon the number of orb slots that the fusion item carries (rather than its currently orbed enhancive properties), so it will no longer be necessary to pry out the orbs while the item is being upgraded.

Coase

A copy of the whole saved post can be found here: https://gswiki.play.net/Fusion/saved_posts

~Aulis
Platinum Co-Guru
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Is this a bug or is fusion difficulty is ridiculous 06/02/2018 03:33 AM CDT
Yes I was aware of the change, but the scale of the difficulty change is much much more than any possible enhancives that it could've had. For a capped wizard to not even be able to do a simple 4x-5x is nuts. Is that really the intent?
Re: Is this a bug or is fusion difficulty is ridiculous 06/02/2018 10:43 AM CDT
I get that you just want someone (GM) to look at it, and tell you yes or no. And I get that the only acceptable answer in your view is 'no'.

I would appreciate an answer to a question: How many fusion slots does it have?

And I would really appreciate an answer to a question: Did this armor recently have a fusion slot added to it?

Thanks,

Doug
Re: Is this a bug or is fusion difficulty is ridiculous 06/02/2018 10:59 AM CDT
If what I heard around CCF is correct, that the new Fusion system will let us (with a lot of work & effort...) get up to as many as ten slots (on some few supremely rare & expensive items)... I don't think that 3 slots for a capped Enchanter should be beyond the realm of reason.
Difficult, yes, but it shouldn't be impossible.
Re: Is this a bug or is fusion difficulty is ridiculous 06/02/2018 12:37 PM CDT
>If what I heard around CCF is correct, that the new Fusion system will let us (with a lot of work & effort...) get up to as many as ten slots (on some few supremely rare & expensive items)... I don't think that 3 slots for a capped Enchanter should be beyond the realm of reason.

Ten slots is the maximum the code will support, but it's probably not entirely realistic to say that players will be able to get to 10, even with a lot of time and effort. Getting a 4th slot added cost 125m. Just imagine what it would take for #10? 10 is the technical ceiling. 5 is probably the actual ceiling - and even that's going to be a truly extraordinary piece of gear. I think there's a reason why getting a defusioning service is usually seen as the capstone for a fusion item.

So it's probably not painting an accurate picture if you're treating 3 slots as 30% of the maximum, and thus something that's going to be 'not so bad'. Anything over 2 slots is historically regarded as being in the realm of auction/raffle/special quality.

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: Is this a bug or is fusion difficulty is ridiculous 06/02/2018 02:30 PM CDT
Excellent explanation, Raelee.

Silly damn thing to tell us ("It's the theoretical max" ... "but you'll likely only see 3"), but what can you do.
Re: Is this a bug or is fusion difficulty is ridiculous 06/03/2018 08:51 PM CDT
The way wizards are currently designed is to give us cool stuff but make it unusable.

~ Methais