Enchanting Early Penalty 03/22/2018 08:40 AM CDT
So I made a woke-up-too-early error and tried to cast the final enchant on my 7x before it was done (completely missed the messaging about 3 more days).

Apparently the penalty for this bone-headed move is to reset the project. So now I have 3+ months of tempering to redo.

I do not really see the purpose of this ruthless penalty. It is not as if casting the enchant early will actually enchant the item before it is ready. It seems reasonable to just say "idiot, wait 3 more days like I told you to." Not "idiot, I'm going to make you want to quit gemstone."
Re: Enchanting Early Penalty 03/22/2018 10:25 AM CDT
>So I made a woke-up-too-early error and tried to cast the final enchant on my 7x before it was done (completely missed the messaging about 3 more days).

>Apparently the penalty for this bone-headed move is to reset the project. So now I have 3+ months of tempering to redo.

>I do not really see the purpose of this ruthless penalty. It is not as if casting the enchant early will actually enchant the item before it is ready. It seems reasonable to just say "idiot, wait 3 more days like I told you to." Not "idiot, I'm going to make you want to quit gemstone."

Casting at an item that is not ready is always going to be a failure. Either you will lock the item or damage it by reducing is a number of random steps.

I understand the mistake, but it is the intended consequence for failing to check and ensure the item is ready.

~Contemplar~
Re: Enchanting Early Penalty 03/22/2018 12:08 PM CDT
Highlights with the “entire paragraph” portion highlighted has saved me from doing this myself. Bright unreadable red is for something still tempering. I still make sure to use 405 to check tempers as I’m concerned about messing up the cast vs channel on using 925
Re: Enchanting Early Penalty 03/28/2018 08:18 AM CDT
So, just my extra bad luck that I lost all 6 pours? Can I choose the lock? I can find a GALD merchant in under 3 months.

IMHO a better penalty would be to reset the pour. It makes sense and is not as devastating. Or make it a lock, now that that is a thing.