Affinity bonus for workshops or Teras workshop is lacking? 01/27/2018 02:52 PM CST
I've done pretty much all of my testing / hard enchanting in the Icemule Wizard's guild.

Today I attempted to do my current major project on Teras but was unable to get the best result with my 925 cast. This project is pretty much at my current limit so every point matters! After double checking everything I finally thought I would move back to the Icemule wizard guild and test there just to see if that was the missing element. Sure enough, I was able to get the best result from 925 in the Icemule Wizard guild where I was not on Teras.

Theories:
1) There is some sort of enchanting affinity association bonus for an enchanting workshop that is used frequently.
2) There is some sort of enchanting bonus to using a workshop in a guild where you are listed as the Guild Master.
3) There is something not right / missing from the Teras wizard guild workshop where a lesser bonus is being provided.

My project requires a ton of enhancives as well as boosting my stats but I'd be willing to work with a NIR to test if it would be helpful in isolating the difference.

-- Robert aka Faulkil

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: Affinity bonus for workshops or Teras workshop is lacking? 01/28/2018 07:06 AM CST
I think you might need to double-check your enhancive set, or your environment conditions (were you encumbered, low on spirit, have familiar in the room, etc...). I just tested a simple project in 2 separate Wizard Guild workshops (Teras and the Landing) and I am not seeing a different reading between the two.

I will try to be around to monitor this today, so if you want to simply test this again, I'll have an eye out for your reading/(cast of 925). Don't worry about whether I am available at the time you do this, as I will monitor it from afar, and log it. ;-P

~Contemplar~
Re: Affinity bonus for workshops or Teras workshop is lacking? 01/28/2018 07:57 PM CST
I tested again on Teras this evening and got the best message. The difference being that the project is in a post-pour state. I will re-test on Teras again once the next cast has been completed and the project is ready for a new potion pour (the same state it was in when I reported the issue initially). I'll post here with my (detailed) results in 5-6 days. If I am not getting the best message on Teras then I will leave the project in that state for a day or two for further testing.

I'll review my logs from the other night as well to see if anything changed between my casting on Teras and then transporting back to Icemule to complete the project. My recollection is that I was already wearing everything from Teras and simply changed location to Icemule and saw a different result. But maybe I missed something in the rush to get there before my enhancive boost wore off!

-- Robert aka Faulkil

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: Affinity bonus for workshops or Teras workshop is lacking? 02/06/2018 07:41 PM CST
Apologies for the delayed update on this! There's been a lot going on IRL (we're selling our house and moving to a new state soon).

I tested again on Teras and this time everything was as expected. I must have missed something in my original attempt.

-- Robert

Re: Affinity bonus for workshops or Teras workshop is lacking? 02/07/2018 01:49 PM CST

Thanks for the update and safe travels on the move!

:D

Askip