Enchanting Failure may be buggy? 12/09/2017 09:14 AM CST
Not sure if I just got really lucky with my misfortune this morning or if maybe there's a bit of a bug in the enchanting failure code. Here is my unedited log for anything that I thought might be relevant - I wasn't encumbered and the project was tempered using a Dirtokh potion.

>get waki
You remove a murky black adamantine wakizashi from in your fiery red greatcloak.
>look
[Wizard Guild, Workshop]
The ceiling of the workshop is formed from a solid sheet of blue ice marked with phantasmagorical shapes, but whether they were created by sentient hands or the result of slow melting is impossible to tell. The glare from the translucent ice above casts a dim, cold blue light on a wide array of alembics, retorts and other materials filling the brass racks that line the walls. In one corner is a winding brass stairway centered around a solid zorchar rod reaching up through the ceiling. You also see a black-tailed scrub hare.
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast
>health
You seem to be in one piece.

Maximum Health Points: 144
Remaining Health Points: 144

Maximum Spirit Points: 11
Remaining Spirit Points: 11

Maximum Stamina Points: 117
Remaining Stamina Points: 117

>prep 405
You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Elemental Detection spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cast on my waki
You gesture at a murky black adamantine wakizashi.
The layers of essence permeating the adamantine wakizashi unfold before you to reveal the familiar patterns of a tempering enchanting project, which you recognize as one of your own. It is currently tempered and ready to be enchanted. It is on the final step of the enchanting process. You recognize the muted blue aura surrounding it as indicating a strong level of enchantment.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>prep 925
Wait 1 sec.
>prep 925
You trace a series of glowing runes while chanting the phrase for Enchant Item...
Your spell is ready.
>cast on my waki
You sense that the wakizashi is one of your own projects, and it is ready to be enchanted. It is on the final step of the enchanting process. You recognize the muted blue aura surrounding it as indicating a strong level of enchantment.

The odds are on your side to successfully complete the enchantment.

[If you would like to proceed with this enchantment attempt, prepare and CHANNEL the spell at the adamantine wakizashi.]
>boost enhancive
You must specify either a RECOVERY, or STATS, or PAUSES enhancive boost.
>boost enhancive stats
[You have activated an Enhancive Stats Boost. You will be boosted for 15 minutes.]
>prep 925
You trace a series of glowing runes while chanting the phrase for Enchant Item...
Your spell is ready.
>cast on my waki
You sense that the wakizashi is one of your own projects, and it is ready to be enchanted. It is on the final step of the enchanting process. You recognize the muted blue aura surrounding it as indicating a strong level of enchantment.

You should be able to enchant a murky black adamantine wakizashi easily enough, barring bad luck.

[If you would like to proceed with this enchantment attempt, prepare and CHANNEL the spell at the adamantine wakizashi.]
>get shield
You remove a nicked deringo shield from in your fiery red greatcloak.
>prep 925
Your spell is ready.
>cast on my waki

Unless you are horribly unlucky, you should have no trouble enchanting a murky black adamantine wakizashi.

>agree
You adopt an agreeable expression.
>
.def

[Press the ESCape key to abort script.]
stance defensive

[Script finished!]
You are now in a defensive stance.
>prep 925
Your spell is ready.
>channel waki
You channel at a murky black adamantine wakizashi.
You make a very poor attempt! Failure!

A muted glow instantly surrounds the adamantine wakizashi, flickering slightly, and fades a moment later.
Roundtime: 20 sec.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
>
Maximum mana recalculated. New maximum: 513.
>stare
You stare at nothing in particular.
>
You feel at full magical power again.
You do not feel drained anymore.
You feel fully energetic again.
>
The scrub hare twitches her ears.
>prep 405
...wait 1 seconds.
>prep 405
You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Elemental Detection spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cast on my waki
The layers of essence permeating the adamantine wakizashi unfold before you to reveal the familiar patterns of a tempering enchanting project, which you recognize as one of your own. It is currently tempered and ready to be enchanted. It is on the final step of the enchanting process. You recognize the muted blue aura surrounding it as indicating a strong level of enchantment.
>prep 925
Your spell is ready.
>cast on my waki

Unless you are horribly unlucky, you should have no trouble enchanting a murky black adamantine wakizashi.

>prep 925
Your spell is ready.
>channel my waki
You channel at a murky black adamantine wakizashi.
You make an outstanding attempt! Success!

Visible wisps of essence dance across the surface of the adamantine wakizashi as you chant quietly, your sure gestures guiding them to slowly coalesce into a pair of small softly glowing runic symbols. The two lone runes flicker momentarily, the intensity of their glow increasing as their form sharpens into crisp, clean edges. Suddenly, the symbols erupt in a cascade of tiny prismatic motes of light, encompassing the wakizashi to form a shimmering layer over its surface. Slowly, the radiant shell sinks into the wakizashi, leaving behind a faint, fading aura.
Roundtime: 20 sec.
>

-- Robert

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.