Longer healing times? 11/16/2016 11:44 PM CST
I assisted, but I thought I would put this here, also. My healing times for level 1 scars on my limbs were at 2 seconds. This evening, that changed to 8 seconds. I didn't see any posts about it, so I don't know if it's unique to me or others are having problems. If anyone is, could you please post, also? All the other healing times increased, but I didn't have those memorized. Just noticed the limb one had dropped to 2, after my last train and tonight was the first time I saw it at 8. Thanks for any info.
Re: Longer healing times? 11/17/2016 04:00 AM CST

Yep, something definitely changed. I'm getting RT where I used to have none, and my RT has went up on the scars I still had RT on.
Re: Longer healing times? 11/17/2016 11:08 AM CST
Hi guys!

A while back I updated the backend logic for the CURE verb as well as healing spells. When I did that it seems like a case of Konacode hit and I didn't cap Empath spell circle ranks at the caster's level (Which it had previously done). Because of this Empaths who overtrained their Empath spell ranks have been experiencing a shorter roundtime than intended for some time now, and when I fixed it yesterday healing roundtimes went back to how they had always worked. This was a necessary change because continuing to allow it made overtraining in spells infringe upon the benefit from Mental Lore, Transformation.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

~ Konacon
Re: Longer healing times? 11/17/2016 01:44 PM CST
The current healing roundtimes seem to differ from the old version by one second for major scars (maybe wounds also). On a pure guess, it may be because the (Total Empath Spell Ranks - Healing Spell Level) part of the formula is now using the effective level of the healing spell instead of the learned level (so level 18 for major organ scar repair instead of level 14 when ORGSCAR is first learned), and as a consequence Empaths will need 60 ranks of Transformation instead of 57 to remove all healing roundtimes.
Re: Longer healing times? 11/17/2016 05:48 PM CST

I understand the need for the fix, Konacon. But this is a pretty significant change. A heads up about a bug fix that has the potential to have noticeable impact really should warrant an announcement/post. Not being difficult, and not upset, just a suggestion for future bug fixes when there is going to be a noticeable (albeit minimum at my level) impact. :)
Re: Longer healing times? 11/17/2016 06:48 PM CST
>But this is a pretty significant change. A heads up about a bug fix that has the potential to have noticeable impact really should warrant an announcement/post.

Agreed. C'mon.

Also, since you're in there, can you please fix the typo I reported back in May?

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Empaths/Empath%20Spells/view/381

Post #21, since these forums are terrible to navigate and link to.
Re: Longer healing times? 11/18/2016 01:25 PM CST
>as a consequence Empaths will need 60 ranks of Transformation instead of 57 to remove all healing roundtimes.

Konacon is this an unintended consequence or was this by design? I'll boost my ranks to 60 if you are intending to keep this change, but I wanted to make sure this is a permanent fix before I start re-training transformation.

Thank you!

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Longer healing times? 11/18/2016 03:45 PM CST
It was unintended to make any changes from how it worked previously. I'll look into this.

~ Konacon
Re: Longer healing times? 11/28/2016 04:04 PM CST
> Konacon is this an unintended consequence or was this by design? I'll boost my ranks to 60 if you are intending to keep this change, but I wanted to make sure this is a permanent fix before I start re-training transformation.

This should be fixed now. Let me know if you see any issues!

~ Konacon
Re: Longer healing times? 11/28/2016 07:25 PM CST
Hi Konacon. I just tested this and I'm getting zero healing RT so everything appears to be working properly. Thanks so much for the fix!

~Land Pirate Maylan~