Magic Items and Spells 09/25/2016 12:31 PM CDT
The other 3 pure professions have access to spells that do rather useful things to magic items, and each can also create permanent magic items that are in demand.

Wizards: Enchant, imbed, charge
Sorcerer: Ensorcell, imbed, scroll infuse
Cleric: Imbed (gems only), Chrisms, other 325 stuff that is less popular
Empath: Summon herbs

I'd like to see empaths get some kind of item modification spell for 1135.

I think it'd be interesting to have an anti-ensorcell option: infuse a weapon with life energy, give stacking boosts to stamina/health/mana/spirit regen on flares rather than one-off surges, maybe replace acuity with the anti-empathy ability everyone always suggests for to heal your own wounds and inflict them on the target you hit. Or something more interesting that doesn't rely on you being injured. Whatever.

This could be mutually exclusive with 735, and Sorcs could get an alchemy item to remove 1135 the same way empaths have one to remove 735.

Other options would be cool; I just feel like empaths seem to be left out on the "working with magic items" bandwagon, especially now that our cleric buddies can make all sorts of cool gems.
Re: Magic Items and Spells 09/25/2016 07:33 PM CDT
I'm all for every profession getting more nice stuff, but I would just say be careful what you ask for. Empaths are some of the most proficient at CS spells, bolt spells, and able to use weapons effectively too while getting access to non-combat based experience gain on a level enjoyed by no other class. Utility is considered "power" too, so the allocation shifts would obviously be made accordingly if this were to happen.
Re: Magic Items and Spells 11/17/2016 06:41 PM CST
Bumping this in light of the thread on people who don't use ensorcelled items for RP reasons.