1120 Bug 08/23/2012 09:36 AM CDT
I don't follow the empath boards so not sure if this is known or not or maybe the game just hates me but after 1120 is used on bandits (maybe creatures too i haven't checked) it seems to make them immune to AoE. I try to follow up with 635 (Nature's Fury) but it doesn't attempt to hit anyone, it casts without any targets. Does 1120 somehow force them to join your group and it doesn't disband when it wears off?

Daemon Ranger
Re: 1120 Bug 08/23/2012 11:42 AM CDT
Daemon Ranger
I don't follow the empath boards so not sure if this is known or not or maybe the game just hates me but after 1120 is used on bandits (maybe creatures too i haven't checked) it seems to make them immune to AoE. I try to follow up with 635 (Nature's Fury) but it doesn't attempt to hit anyone, it casts without any targets. Does 1120 somehow force them to join your group and it doesn't disband when it wears off?

Good catch and this is now fixed. It's intentional that they are considered a part of your group while under the effects of Sympathy (they're fighting on the Empath's behalf), but after the spell ends, you should then be able to hit them with your mass attack spells.

GameMaster Estild
Re: 1120 Bug 08/23/2012 01:27 PM CDT
That was extremely quick. Now I can actually fury some guys after they stop hitting each other. So it's designed that they become "allies" during the duration and are considered part of the group till it wears off?

Daemon Ranger
Re: 1120 Bug 08/23/2012 01:50 PM CDT
>>So it's designed that they become "allies" during the duration and are considered part of the group till it wears off?<<

Whoa! Stop the presses! This would be major news to me. My empath uses sympathy a lot, and she is always able to attack the affected critters. That includes AOE spells. Or at least, it has in the past, when she had spell aiming. For the last 6 months she has been using weapons instead (she dropped spell aiming to do this), so crystal wands and spirit fire and the like are out of use right now. But I can still boneshatter and wither the beggers, or bop them over the head with a flail. I don't even have to use the "target" verb, just incant.

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: 1120 Bug 08/23/2012 02:31 PM CDT
Maybe allies was the wrong term, meant more like grouped. I was told by someone else that they casted bravery after sympathy and it hit the bandits and gave it to them before.

Daemon Ranger
Re: 1120 Bug 09/17/2012 09:56 PM CDT

From my observation and understanding, while they are under 1120, they are not affected by non-targeted AOE like Ewave or Natures Fury... once the spell runs off they should and are affected by those spells to my observation. Fireball is targeted so it doesn't suffer from this affect while they are Sympathized. I imagine if you followed up with 135 after 1120 it might not affect them but I have not tested.

The Drakes Mountaineer.
Re: 1120 Bug 09/23/2012 07:24 PM CDT
It was already fixed. They were still "grouped" after 1120 faded so AoE still did not hit them but now it does.

Daemon Ranger