Elven Heraldry - Player Crests 06/17/2014 12:11 PM CDT
I think I have the elven crest for my Vaalor elf finished. I may tweak a word here or there if I can get it as a show on a shield. I'm going to share it here so maybe those of us who have created them can also share and discuss them.

Encompassed in a thick silver frame a golden wyvern is set above a rampant silver lion upon a field of crimson accented in the upper left with a flourish of a golden branch. A single lit candle flanks the left and a silver axe flanks the right of the vale. Etched in flowing elven script are the words "Serve with pride, strength, and wisdom."

The silver lion is Nouvard's personal symbol. The reasoning isn't obviously apparent but certain events in game play have led him to choose this as his standard. The single lit candle represents The Hall of the Arkati where is mother was among the clergy and the axe represents his father's service in the military. The branch represents the family orchard that supplies the fortress with various fruits and nuts. The motto combines all of it.

I'd love to see some other character's personal crests.

Below is a link to the "Elven Heraldry" doc.

http://www.play.net/gs4/info/tomes/elven_history/heraldry.asp

Chad, player of a few
Re: Elven Heraldry - Player Crests 06/17/2014 12:48 PM CDT
I like it!

I have Roh's on a signet ring:

an elven crested signet ring ~ Engraved with a crest, the round face of the platinum signet ring has been depressed slightly, leaving a raised but unbroken silver and gold circle encompassing a sapphire blue enameled field. Beneath the arch is a peacock, set over a white dove resting on the vale, both birds accented by a flourish of three sprigs of amaranth. Flanking on both sides are an acantha leaf and a silver star. Small, engraved elven letters cross through the center of the crest separating the arch and vale. In the Elven language, it reads: Knowledge is the key to eternity.

The white dove represents Rohese and her Bayvel lineage. The silver star represents her cleric father, the acantha leaf, her empath mother and the three sprigs of amaranth are taken from her Vaalorian husband's crest (Sighisoara).

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

~*~ She conquers, who endures ~*~

http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Rohese
Re: Elven Heraldry - Player Crests 06/17/2014 12:55 PM CDT
Here's Aetheri's. It has the imperial frame since it's an Ashrim crest.

Encompassed in a silver imperial frame, the crest depicts an aquamarine wavecrest set above a serpentine blue leviathan curled around an emerald trident, all on a field of white. Spiraling wavecrest lines accent the crest above, while a silver astrolabe flanks it to the left and a grey fenvaok flying toward a cutter flanks it to the right.
READ IN ELVEN: Lost, but not forgotten.

I don't know if I have my Ardenai rogue's crest anymore but I'll dig for it. I had a tabard with it, but I have since lost it.
Re: Elven Heraldry - Player Crests 06/17/2014 03:56 PM CDT
Very nice! Thanks for sharing those.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Elven Heraldry - Player Crests 07/07/2014 05:35 PM CDT

I found my Ardenai rogue's crest:

Encompassed in a solid silver frame, a green oak leaf has been set above a moss-covered tree crossed with a silver-edged black longsword, all on an umber field. Spirals of golden knotwork create the crest's flourish and curve around the frame on the right side, while a single mountain dryad flower blooms on the left.
Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

His father disgraced the family, which is why his side is blanked out.
Re: Elven Heraldry - Player Crests 07/07/2014 08:13 PM CDT
Here is Menos' crest.

>tap crest
You tap an imperial Vaalor crest that you are wearing.

>look crest
Encompassed in a silver imperial frame, the crest shows a rampant golden wyvern in flight against a field of crimson, its wings spread wide and its mouth agape in a challenging cry. The top of the crest bears a single-hued crimson blazestar rimmed with white vaalin, while a circle of white leaves sits below that. A single crenellated line stretches from the top of the arch towards the wyvern. Outside of the circle, an ironwood sapling beneath a silver beacon flanks to the left, and a trio of intersecting spears ringed by stars at their center flanks to the right. Delicate elven script stretches across the center of the crest in raised golden lettering.

>read crest
In the Elven language, it reads:
For Honor, Pride, and Glory.

AIM: GS4Menos

>Here lies the formless world we´re living in
>Gravity is finally giving in
>High altitudes and still upward we go
>I was never meant to lead but to follow
Re: Elven Heraldry - Player Crests 07/07/2014 08:36 PM CDT
Ohh this is fun, I want to play! Since I can't share my PC's, here's Nessina Javilerre's:

an oversized nearly black sapphire signet pendant

A gold rim surrounds the deep blue sapphire pendant. The face sports a peacock above a bow harp, the images separated by blocky elven type. A flourish of a series of elegantly silver curved blades cuts counterclockwise from the top of the arch. A vine-clad runestaff is set left flanking, while a trio of linked chakrams is right flanking. Just inside the top of the arch rest two jewels side by side, one a yellow-rimmed silver-barred blazestar and the other a violet-rimmed yellow-streaked amethyst.

One of the first things I did on staff was give myself jewels, because HA HA I CAN!

~Vanah
Re: Elven Heraldry - Player Crests 07/08/2014 03:24 AM CDT

I am working on my Illistim elf's crest now. How does it translate into the signet rings? Is there a formatting that has to be followed to make a custom crest and a ring play together?

-E
Re: Elven Heraldry - Player Crests 07/08/2014 04:32 AM CDT
Sadly, the full crest can't be put onto a functional signet ring. I've actually put Roh's crest onto an enhancive ring whilst her (Wax Eloquent) signet ring is simply:

a bevel-set white jade signet ~ The signet is made of white jade and has a dove holding an acantha leaf in its beak encircled with stars engraved on its face

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

~*~ She conquers, who endures ~*~

http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Rohese