Nilven and the Warhorse 08/09/2010 01:35 AM CDT
I've been sorting through old data recently, and found a few funny things in my Gemstone folder. I particularly liked this one from Nilven, I don't know how many years ago, or posted in which folder. I figured I'd repost it to give other people a laugh too...

-Grendeg

Thought I'd share this with all of you since this is the first time one of my creations went psychotic on me. I had made some adjustments to warhorse's kick CM so it could function properly with AD and was in the process of testing it out. I had selected a poor zombie as its targets and was ready to watch some fun-filled bloody violence against a zombie. The following is what I got:

>l
[Nilven's Office]
A desk cluttered with papers dominates the center of these luxurious quarters. Large suede chairs are positioned next to a bulky mahogany bookcase. Cigar smoke wafts in the air mixing with the scent of a rolton hair rug that lies under the suede chairs. You also see a skeletal warhorse, a zombie that is lying down, a kobold, a spectral monk, An Animate Dead table with some stuff on it, a large mahogany bookcase, and a Sorcerer to be implemented list.
Obvious paths: west, out

>GM Command to let the games begin<

A skeletal warhorse wheels quickly, plants its front hooves firmly on the ground and kicks at you with both hind legs!
You leap quickly to the side, but the warhorse's hooves catch you with a glancing blow!
 ... 5 points of damage!
 Stubs one of the fingers on your right hand.
You stumble to the ground!
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>>Another GM command to stop the warhorse that didn't get processed by the game in time<<

A skeletal warhorse wheels quickly, plants its front hooves firmly on the ground and kicks at you with both hind legs!
Time seems to slow to a crawl as you make a feeble attempt to roll to the side. Your lethargic movement is much too slow to avoid the powerful kick, and the warhorse's hooves hammer into you with devastating force!
 ... 25 points of damage!
 Strong blow to your right hand breaks it!
 You are stunned for 2 rounds!
The impact of the blow picks you up and hurls you out!

[Academy of Sorcery, Corridor]
Elegant marble walls terminate in a heavyset vultite door at the end of this corridor. Two hooded dark elven guards stand vigilant watch at the entrance of the door. Occasionally, someone carrying a quill passes through the door. Sconces along the wall provide the only light for this part of the manor.
Obvious exits: west

You slam into the ground with a sickening THUD!
 ... 15 points of damage!
 Sprained ankle! You won't be running soon.
Roundtime: 20 sec.

What were you referring to? ((The Game's response to my GM command to shut the warhorse down))

You notice a flailing body comes flying through the air towards you!

A zombie slams into the ground with a sickening THUD!
 ... 20 points of damage!
 Footing lost! The zombie wrenches back trying to stay upright.
>
 ... 25 points of damage!
 Strong blow to abdomen!

... 20 points of damage!
 Air supply cut off by sharp strike, the zombie's eyes bulge!
>
 ... 15 points of damage!
 Nice blow to chest!

... 20 points of damage!
 Dizzied! The zombie spins in circles.

You are healed. ((Me healing myself. Poor zombie it was being beaten to a pulp by the warhorse from a different room!))

>l
Elegant marble walls terminate in a heavyset vultite door at the end of this corridor. Two hooded dark elven guards stand vigilant watch at the entrance of the door. Occasionally, someone carrying a quill passes through the door. Sconces along the wall provide the only light for this part of the manor. You also see a zombie that is lying down.
>
 ... 20 points of damage!
 Good blow to left leg!

... 20 points of damage!
 Arm jerked painfully upward.

>GM Command to transport myself back to my office<

[Nilven's Office]
A desk cluttered with papers dominates the center of these luxurious quarters. Large suede chairs are positioned next to a bulky mahogany bookcase. Cigar smoke wafts in the air mixing with the scent of a rolton hair rug that lies under the suede chairs. You also see a skeletal warhorse, a kobold, a spectral monk, An Animate Dead table with some stuff on it, the Iosif box, a large mahogany bookcase, a Sorcerer to be implemented list, a base event and a base event.
>

Time seems to slow to a crawl as you make a feeble attempt to leap to the side. Your lethargic movement is much too slow to avoid the powerful kick, and the warhorse's hooves hammer into you with devastating force!
 ... 35 points of damage!
 Massive blow to your temple drops you in your tracks!

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You realize that you have no outstanding favors which Lorminstra owes you, and without having accomplished a deed for Her, your soul is in danger of vanishing from the land forever!

...departing in 14 mins...
The impact of the blow picks you up and hurls you west!

[Nilven's Office, Adjunct]
This office is in a state of complete disarray. Several couches are arranged haphazardly in this room while paperwork, large files, and quills are strewn about the floor. A small hearth occupies the western wall of this office and is the only organized section within this room. You also see a zombie that is lying down.
Obvious exits: east

((The same zombie from the previous example. The warhorse kicked it was telepathically))

... 25 points of damage!
 Strong blow to chest!

You are healed. ((Me healing myself again))

>GM Command to go back to my office, AGAIN"<

[Nilven's Office]
A desk cluttered with papers dominates the center of these luxurious quarters. Large suede chairs are positioned next to a bulky mahogany bookcase. Cigar smoke wafts in the air mixing with the scent of a rolton hair rug that lies under the suede chairs. You also see a skeletal warhorse, a kobold, a spectral monk, An Animate Dead table with some stuff on it, the Iosif box, a large mahogany bookcase, and a Sorcerer to be implemented list.

Time seems to slow to a crawl as you make a feeble attempt to leap to the side. Your lethargic movement is much too slow to avoid the powerful kick, and the warhorse's hooves hammer into you with devastating force!
The impact of the blow picks you up and hurls you out!

Elegant marble walls terminate in a heavyset vultite door at the end of this corridor. Two hooded dark elven guards stand vigilant watch at the entrance of the door. Occasionally, someone carrying a quill passes through the door. Sconces along the wall provide the only light for this part of the manor. You also see a zombie that appears dead.

Roundtime: 20 sec.

At that point I decided to try to shut the warhorse down remotely.

Nilven

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances as though they were realities and are often more influenced by things that seem than by those that are." -- Machiavelli