My Droughtman's Quest - Crosspost from Maze Folder 06/05/2011 08:14 PM CDT
Thought I'd also post this here just for the hell of it. Doing this made me laugh a bunch of times :)

One of my prizes was a Jester's cloak full of toys including a toy boy that shoots a suction cup arrow.

With a successful hit on your target, a red circle will temporarily appear on their forehead in much the same manner as Sproink's stamp. On particularly successful attempts the target can even be stunned for a round or two.
You see xxx the Empath.
She appears to be a Human.
She is diminutive and appears to be very young. [...]
She also has a bright red circle in the center of her forehead.

So after figuring out how to work it I decided to go in search of someone to actually shoot with it!

Turns out the first person I come across that I sort of know was Sir Morgiest. So for a moment I wonder if I should do it. I mean, he IS a freaking Knight after all. Luckily, I'm pretty foolish so I aim and FIRE! A hit!

>fire my bow at morgi
You take aim at Morgiest as you draw the bow's string back and release, sending the arrow straight for him! Great shot sticks the suction cup right in the middle of Morgiest's forehead with a THWAP.

You give the string a good yank, and the arrow flies back into your hand with a POP!

Needless to say this resulted in a rather severe look from Morgiest. I think for a moment he considered just taking my head right then and there but luckily for me he held back and we both had a chuckle over it.

So then I realized what I had to do with this wonderful gift. A quest that fit Balinworn perfectly - it would be challenging, time consuming and almost assuredly deadly. Most importantly: pointless and kind of stupid.

I had to shoot each and every official Knight of the Realm! First off was getting a list of the actual Knights that are around. I know many of them but not all.

It's taken me almost two months now of work but last night I finally accomplished my task by getting the last Knight.

Aydan, Brinn, Bristen, Cryheart, Eahlstan, Metadi, Morgiest, Tebon, Valicar and Yarx

Last night, Valicar finally came around again and I was able to cross him off my list:

fire my bow at valic
You take aim at Valicar as you draw the bow's string back and release, sending the arrow straight for him! Great shot sticks the suction cup right in the middle of Valicar's forehead with a THWAP.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

You give the string a good yank, and the arrow flies back into your hand with a POP!

A couple of notes:

1) I do NOT suggest anyone else try this! Knights do not take kindly to public taunting.

2) The closest I really thought I came to getting immediately killed was Yarx. He's the only I don't know really so I was worried. He most definately did NOT like it but let me get away with it. I only thank whatever God was watching that I hit him on the first try as I do not think I could have gotten away with a second shot.

3) Amazingly, I never died once.

4) Cryheart was the only one I had to shoot multiple times to get him. Eahlstan was the only one I stunned (I think).

5) Doing this made this bow my favorite prize ever!!

Thanks to all the Knights for being good sports. For most of you, I promise I won't shoot you any more.

Balinworn
Re: My Droughtman's Quest - Crosspost from Maze Folder 06/06/2011 10:40 AM CDT
Those are the most active Knights, but you will have to find Dame Yviara and Dame Deavon if you want to claim to "Catch'm all!" You can find Yviara in the mornings in Solhaven. Deavon you can find in Wehnimers usually near North Gate on her way to Gryphon meetings.

Beyond that you could chalk it up that you hit all the "Male" Knights and maybe that can be good enough!

-Geij
Re: My Droughtman's Quest - Crosspost from Maze Folder 06/06/2011 04:09 PM CDT
>>but you will have to find Dame Yviara and Dame Deavon if you want to claim to "Catch'm all!"
-- Posted by Geijon

I wondered about that, actually. In fact, I had a discussion about it with Eahlstan and Yviara. For the time being, I felt discretion was the better part of my being allowed to live so decided not to smack the Dames.

That may or may not change though :)

B
Re: My Droughtman's Quest - Crosspost from Maze Folder 06/08/2011 06:56 PM CDT
I'm almost positive that one of my characters warned Yarx ahead of time.
Maybe that was why he was so Grumpy.

Clunk
Re: My Droughtman's Quest - Crosspost from Maze Folder 08/13/2011 06:16 AM CDT
Heh, now you and a rugrat can 'play ranger' together!