You sense your thought was not received 10/12/2015 03:38 PM CDT

Can we please change this 'feature' so that you can receive all messages sent to you directly?

I find many elements of the ESP system to be very unwieldy but the thing that frustrates me the most is the near constant need to send every message twice because I don't know if they're going to be reachable on [global] or [local].

ESP WHO does NOT work for this. Because even if someone is on both channels, they will only be directly contactable through one.

Also have we defaulted global to ON yet? Or are we still hiding this from new players for some (bad) reason?
Re: You sense your thought was not received 10/13/2015 08:41 AM CDT
>ESP WHO does NOT work for this. Because even if someone is on both channels, they will only be directly contactable through one.

ESP WHO works by whether they have the amunet on, not by whether they have the channel on, so ESP WHO GLOBAL contains everyone in the lands with amunet on, many of whom are actually blocking GLOBAL by default and without their knowledge.

If you do both ESP WHO LOCAL and GLOBAL you can tell if the reason they aren't contactable is that they are somewhere distant with the amunet on rather than nearby with it off but ESP WHO GLOBAL is useless as a list of those contactable on GLOBAL.

>Can we please change this 'feature' so that you can receive all messages sent to you directly?

I think this would need to be toggled (or you'll find people up in arms because they are being sent messages directly that they actually want blocked) and then its back to the same place we are in with GLOBAL at the moment. Its off by default, but the player doesn't know it and the method to turn it on is the exact opposite of what you'd expect it to be.
Re: You sense your thought was not received 10/13/2015 01:34 PM CDT
I agree and have to educate people all the time to toggle the global channel on, and most love the feature and had no idea it existed.

The verbiage is also very awkward. It should just be global on/off instead of ignore (even when tuning in and not ignoring it).
Re: You sense your thought was not received 10/13/2015 02:34 PM CDT

That sounds like a bug with ESP WHO since it specifically says "Shows people listening to the specified channel."

If they aren't listening to that channel, they shouldn't be listed.

>I think this would need to be toggled (or you'll find people up in arms because they are being sent messages directly that they actually want blocked) and then its back to the same place we are in with GLOBAL at the moment.

Sorry, I stated my request poorly. How about, if ONEOF{global,local} will work when I think to someone, my message go through? Rather than have me guess channels every time?

Alternatively just remove channels wrt direct thinking? Why not let everyone do direct thoughts, you can ignore people on a case-by-case basis if you're getting harassed by someone (which I have to feel is probably fairly rare).
Re: You sense your thought was not received 10/14/2015 12:08 AM CDT
Personally I wish the Global channel was defaulted on, but it's not a sticking point for me.

The way to toggle it, however, is extremely counter-intuitive and needs to be changed I think.

As for direct thoughts, I'll have to play with it more but I recall that being a nuisance. My thought would be a function.

THINK TO FRIEND

1) Check FRIEND has ESP ON. If no, fail.
2) Check if FRIEND is in similar area. If yes, send thought on local.
3) Check if FRIEND has global channel tuned, regardless of area. If yes, send thought on global.
4) Fail.

This continues to use "channels" for private thoughts, but does it transparently to the player, which is much better.

I don't believe there's a way not to be on the local channel if ESP is on, right?

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: You sense your thought was not received 10/14/2015 03:05 AM CDT

I've never tried to ignore local so I'm not sure.

But you could do a check between the sender and receiver's unignored channels and if there's a match, the message goes through. This would be very similar to what you proposed but would extend to house and other private channels.
Re: You sense your thought was not received 10/14/2015 06:53 AM CDT
>But you could do a check between the sender and receiver's unignored channels and if there's a match, the message goes through. This would be very similar to what you proposed but would extend to house and other private channels.

House channels work, but there's a similar problem on private channels as with GLOBAL. They show up on ESP WHO wherever they are but aren't contactable unless they are local.

>That sounds like a bug with ESP WHO since it specifically says "Shows people listening to the specified channel."

I BUGGED it as such ages ago, but it remains as it is.