Anyone remember when.... 03/15/2015 04:52 PM CDT

Back in the old days we were paying 6 bucks an hour on GEnie and that was at night. During the day it was 18 bucks an hour. We would arrange resurrections via the BBS or even long distance phones? were we insane? Well death had permanent impact as you lost stats at level up for each death that occurred that level. Times were hard in those days....

Just an everyday elf...
Re: Anyone remember when.... 03/16/2015 04:13 PM CDT
And those fees were only for 2400 baud.

You want 9600, you pay the $3/hour surcharge. :)
Re: Anyone remember when.... 08/23/2015 12:48 PM CDT

I remember that....heh.

I generally stuck to MPBT when I was on GEnie. I'm sure if the old GS3 were still here, I'd be dead in the forest somewhere.
You used to have those enterprising(AKA Rich) sorts that would run invasions during the day. :P

But I pose a question to you guys, Is there anyone here that can remember the old Cladesbrim castle? And how much of a pain in the backside was it?
Re: Anyone remember when.... 08/25/2015 09:32 AM CDT
I only got down there for a few months before Banthis moved the essence storm in overhead an locked everyone out for the rewrite, but cave trolls in the basement were a pretty staple hunting target in the low-teens.

The new way of getting in is a real pain in the butt, by comparison; you used to just walk up and go in. Now you have to have swimming, you have to be able to survive rooters, you have to face a gauntlet of critters in hunting areas, and then you get into the building (and may have to face a puzzle to move to the floor you want).
Re: Anyone remember when.... 08/26/2015 04:23 AM CDT
Or, you can just Master Voln and use the tapestry. :)

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Anyone remember when.... 08/26/2015 08:31 AM CDT
I've pretty much waved off all of the Societies, though the four who've already mastered CoL aren't forswearing it. I'll keep them in to keep the shiny benefits, but I'm not bothering to go through any of the hassles with anyone new.
(Just like Alchemy. Profession Guilds. Forging/Fletching/Cobbling. Adventurer Guild. And probably a couple of other systems I can't recollect.)