Global ESP Channel Released 06/21/2014 01:42 PM CDT
I am pleased to announce that I have beaten the ESP system into submission and made a few changes.

Players will now find that they have access to the Global channel. This will allow you to broadcast thoughts to anybody also listening in on the Global channel, regardless of their location. This is an opt-in only channel, not on by default. To opt-in, type ESP IGNORE GLOBAL, which will toggle off the automatic ignore.

The General channel has been renamed to the Local channel, and has also been updated to allow thinking into the nearby travel realms, such as Landing to the first part of the Trails to Icemule and Solhaven, etc.

A new option to ESP has been added, ESP FIND, which will allow you to check if a specific player is listening to a channel.

As for long-standing bugs, players will now actually be able to ESP IGNORE {person} and the HELP ESP will no longer encourage people to randomly think "help" and "on default" to others.

Many thanks to the marvelous GM Vanah for her assistance and amazing QC work!

-KEIOS
Keios is pretty amazing. ~Wyrom

Re: Global ESP Channel Released 06/21/2014 01:57 PM CDT
Okay, this is pretty awesome.

Gretchen

Visit the GSGuide wiki, now home to merchant shop inventory lists! http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/GSGuide_Wiki
Meeting Nilandia: http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Nilandia
AIM: Lady Nilandia
Re: Global ESP Channel Released 06/21/2014 02:02 PM CDT

I think this a good addition, and certainly one long requested. An IC global esp system...awesome.
Re: Global ESP Channel Released 06/21/2014 02:11 PM CDT
Very cool. Thank you for considering the opt out option!

Chad, player of a few
Re: Global ESP Channel Released 06/21/2014 02:15 PM CDT
SWEEEET!

Thank you.
Re: Global ESP Channel Released 06/21/2014 02:16 PM CDT

Awesome change, will definitely be some happy folks over this one!
Re: Global ESP Channel Released 06/21/2014 03:00 PM CDT

Ooo Thank you. Appreciate the opt out option as well and the ability to hear adjacent areas is useful as well.

Lochiven
Re: Global ESP Channel Released 06/21/2014 03:15 PM CDT
Great addition.

small bug - double feedback when it fails.

>think to xxx test
You focus on projecting your thoughts...
You (Focused to xxx) [Global]: "Test."
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
You (Focused to xxx) [Global]: "Test."
You sense your thought was not received by xxx.

Dgry
Re: Global ESP Channel Released 06/21/2014 03:19 PM CDT
<< Players will now find that they have access to the Global channel. This will allow you to broadcast thoughts to anybody also listening in on the Global channel, regardless of their location. This is an opt-in only channel, not on by default. To opt-in, type ESP IGNORE GLOBAL, which will toggle off the automatic ignore.

<< The General channel has been renamed to the Local channel, and has also been updated to allow thinking into the nearby travel realms, such as Landing to the first part of the Trails to Icemule and Solhaven, etc. >>

Nice. I wish you would consider something similar with Locate (116) for people who have enough spiritual summoning lore to Locate someone anywhere. I would like to have the option of limiting it to people close enough to rescue.
Re: Global ESP Channel Released 06/21/2014 03:35 PM CDT
This is awesome.
Clunk can now work in the forge in Zul (where he belongs) and still stay in touch to know when to come out and chase undeads.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Global ESP Channel Released 06/21/2014 03:58 PM CDT
This is happy news! Thank you, GMs involved and thank you player gaise who took up the banner of positing such implementation!

-james, bristenn's player

You think to yourself, "FFF-"
A giant white bunny hurls a powerful lightning bolt at you!
You evade the bolt by a hair!
Re: Global ESP Channel Released 06/21/2014 04:31 PM CDT
Nice change.
Re: Global ESP Channel Released 06/21/2014 08:39 PM CDT
>I am pleased to announce that I have beaten the ESP system into submission and made a few changes.

Thanks very much for your work in this area! It's always nice to see that player feedback truly is taken into consideration for dev projects.

-Jurp
Re: Global ESP Channel Released 06/21/2014 09:05 PM CDT
>>small bug - double feedback when it fails.

This should be fixed now.

-KEIOS
Keios is pretty amazing. ~Wyrom

Re: Global ESP Channel Released 06/21/2014 10:35 PM CDT
<Nice. I wish you would consider something similar with Locate (116) for people who have enough spiritual summoning lore to <Locate someone anywhere. I would like to have the option of limiting it to people close enough to rescue.

This would be very nice.

Tanivar Somakre

"Healing, you want it, you shall have it."
Re: Global ESP Channel Released 06/21/2014 11:00 PM CDT
This is FANTASTIC! Thank you.
Re: Global ESP Channel Released 06/22/2014 03:57 AM CDT
THANK YOU

>(OOC) Rozy's player whispers to the group, "Spiiiiiderhalfling!"

>Out of no where, a ki-lin gallops in.
Re: Global ESP Channel Released 06/22/2014 06:42 AM CDT
This is great. Thank you. :-)
Re: Global ESP Channel Released 06/22/2014 06:56 AM CDT
>small bug - double feedback when it fails.

Doesn't seem to be anything to do with failure. Got it for Local and Global without targets.

>think on global Good morning!
You [Global]: "Good morning!"
You [Global]: "Good morning!"

A few kinks to be smoothed out aside, still a wonderful change. I've been waiting for years for it.

>(OOC) Rozy's player whispers to the group, "Spiiiiiderhalfling!"

>Out of no where, a ki-lin gallops in.
Re: Global ESP Channel Released 06/22/2014 11:11 PM CDT
Thank you for the update, Keios...

I would like to make one suggestion though.

If I'm defaulted to the local channel, and someone sends me a private thought via the global channel... I have to make a point of targeting the global channel in my response and its a bit cumbersome.

Is there anyway for private thoughts to operate more independently of channels? So that if two people have their ESP on and are both on at least one same channel... that the private thought will just go where it needs to, without specifying the channel?

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: Global ESP Channel Released 07/06/2014 04:40 PM CDT

After sending some very OOC command attempts using the THINK command I remembered that ESP is where I needed to be. Any chance there could be a passing mention of the ESP command via HELP THINK?

Thanks!

-- Robert