Lores and Balance 04/26/2018 11:11 AM CDT
Water Lore has come quite a ways in the past couple of years and is considered to be pretty darn well rounded by some (myself included; I'm 1x water lore at level 94).

I was thinking it would be interesting to try and balance the lores rather than continue to develop them along the lines of the original themes they were designed around (fire lore being offensive and water being utility and restoration). While water lore started off primarily providing utility and restoration benefits, it has quite a few offensive benefits.

I'd like to suggest a bit of focus in regards to fire and earth lore.

Fire - Add benefits that focus on the restoration of blood and recovery of wounds. No lore requirement for blood and a heavy lore investment for wounds. I'm a fan of anime and Black Clover features quite a few fire mages that can heal wounds with fire magic. Fire magic already provides a scaling bolt benefit, maybe this benefit could be applied to CS spells as well so that as you continue to cast against the same target the wizards CS increases in a similar fashion to a wizards bolt AS.

Earth - Add benefits that focus on the restoration of stamina and spirit. No lore requirement for stamina and a heavy lore investment for spirit. I think having wizard spells being able to restore stamina and spirit would open up additional options for war mages and wizards in GoS as well as wizards in CoL.

Water - Already restores mana

Air - Already reduces RT

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: Lores and Balance 04/26/2018 07:19 PM CDT
>Fire - Add benefits that focus on the restoration of blood and recovery of wounds. No lore requirement for blood and a heavy lore investment for wounds. I'm a fan of anime and Black Clover features quite a few fire mages that can heal wounds with fire magic. Fire magic already provides a scaling bolt benefit, maybe this benefit could be applied to CS spells as well so that as you continue to cast against the same target the wizards CS increases in a similar fashion to a wizards bolt AS.

I'm whatever with the healing bit, but the increase to CS is a good suggestion. It may also help to bridge the gap in power between the pures with regard to our CS spells. The spell is called "Elemental Focus" so it's reasonable for it to increase our ability to cast Elemental CS spells.

>Earth - Add benefits that focus on the restoration of stamina and spirit. No lore requirement for stamina and a heavy lore investment for spirit. I think having wizard spells being able to restore stamina and spirit would open up additional options for war mages and wizards in GoS as well as wizards in CoL.

How would this be implemented?

The fire is an easy fix via 513, what spell(s) would provide the earth benefits?

I'm still in favor of changing Stone Fist over to a disarm-proof type spell similar to bard sonic weapons. Cast Stone Fist - Your hands become stone like and then they attempt to disarm you, the attempt just bounces off. It could additionally provide some kind of stamina regen via lore.

The current version of 514 is pretty useless and the spiritual pures have disarm protection via spirit servants.
Re: Lores and Balance 04/27/2018 01:38 AM CDT
<The fire is an easy fix via 513, what spell(s) would provide the earth benefits?

I disagree, I don't think you can fix fire by buffing 513 with just AS and CS. I don't hurt for AS and I don't think any mage past 30 is either. +25 AS all the time would be nice, but I wouldn't trade everything water lore does for that.

What I would love to see is better uses for the lore like an opposite version of sorcerer's Pestilence for fire mage armor(I don't think I've ever used it cause the channeling thing seems meh). Instead of it working when we are swung at it creates a flare when we attack. Percentage to flare based on your fire lore ranks. Please no charges, but if you have to..

Look something like:

You gesture at a hill troll.
You hurl a powerful lightning bolt at a hill troll!
AS: +191 vs DS: +132 with AvD: +45 + d100 roll: +43 = +147
... and hit for 24 points of damage!
Heavy spark to left hand. Bet that hurts.

Fire is siphoned from your armor during your attack and is directed towards a hill troll!
... 25 points of damage!
Flames burn hole in chest exposing ribs!
Re: Lores and Balance 04/27/2018 10:22 AM CDT
Our CS is fine. The problem is the lack of effectiveness of our spells that use it.

~ Methais