517 - Bug? Item lost rechargable 04/16/2018 10:00 AM CDT
Bear with me since I hardly use 517 charge item. Finally did it after a while and noticed that my earcuff which I was trying to imbed with strength LOST its mage rechargable nature somewhere down the process for no discernable reason. Is this supposed to happen?

<LOG SNIPPET BELOW>

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the mithril earcuff in your hand, and you learn something about it...

You sense a faint aura of magic surrounding the earcuff. You also feel a faint drawing sensation from it, as though it may be able to hold more power. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the earcuff is to cast a spell or perform some magical purpose. Also, it seems to have some sort of enhancive properties.

<so clearly a mage rechargable>

>prep 420

Your spell is ready.
>cast my ear
You gesture at a fine mithril earcuff.
A vibrant violet thread grows between you and the earcuff. It glows brilliantly for a moment and then fades into invisibility but you still feel attuned to the earcuff.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
>imbed 509 in ear using rub for 6 charges
You concentrate on funneling your power into the earcuff.

You manage to successfully place 4 charges of the Strength when it begins to overheat, so you stop.

<so looks like it imbedded successfully>

You swap your mithril earcuff from your left to your right hand. (note, was rubbing something else in my right hand first and then switched to this one)

>rub orb with ear
You gesture over the pulsating orb while holding a fine mithril earcuff near it.
A strand of pure essence leaps from the orb and onto the earcuff!
Nothing else seems to happen.

<afterwards - no more rechargeable>

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the mithril earcuff in your hand, and you learn something about it...

You sense a faint aura of magic surrounding the earcuff. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the earcuff is to cast a spell or perform some magical purpose. Also, it seems to have some sort of enhancive properties.
R>loresing she got back earcuff and dusted off; reaching down magic picked it up;
You sing flowingly in Guildspeak:

"She got back earcuff and dusted off
reaching down magic picked it up"

Roundtime: 6 sec.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the mithril earcuff in your hand...

This is a magical item, which casts spells from the Elemental sphere. It has 4 charges.

So what happened? I didn't see any error messages saying something screwed up. It just lost its mage rechargable nature completely...
Re: 517 - Bug? Item lost rechargable 04/16/2018 12:12 PM CDT
Pretty sure that “hold more power” line in the loresing just means it’s imbeddable.

IIRC, the messaging for rechargeable is something along the lines of “when the charges are depleted, it may be refilled.”

~ Methais
Re: 517 - Bug? Item lost rechargable 04/17/2018 07:20 AM CDT
Nah - i sing to a lot of things - from the wiki https://gswiki.play.net/Loresinging :

Imbed items
Such items can be found blank (and able to be imbedded with a new spell), already containing a spell, or even rechargeable.

Blank rechargeable (second verse):
You sense a faint aura of magic around the pink dreamstone brooch. You also feel a faint drawing sensation from it, as though it may be able to hold more power. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the brooch is to cast a spell or perform some magical purpose.

You're thinking of gems, for gems, they're different:

Purified Gems
Gems which have been purified through Purification Song (1004) may turn into orb gems (for the purpose of charging items or creating chrisms) or become rechargeable imbeds.

Orb gem (second verse):
From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the glimaerstone is as a gem of some kind. As you sing, the glimaerstone seems to resonate with your voice, and you feel it trying to draw power from you.
Mage rechargeable (second verse):
From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the emerald is as a gem of some kind. As you sing, the emerald seems to resonate with your voice, and you feel it trying to draw power from you. It pulses strongly with the rhythm of your words.

The "may be refilled" is from 405 and it only means merchant rechargable, not mage.
Re: 517 - Bug? Item lost rechargable 04/20/2018 09:11 AM CDT
>The "may be refilled" is from 405 and it only means merchant rechargable, not mage.

No, it's from a loresong. But it's not a blank item, which I don't have any to test on atm.

You sing:

"Statue that I hold
Let your purpose now be told"

Roundtime: 5 sec.

Roundtime changed to 2 seconds.
As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the small statue in your hand, and you learn something about it...

You sense a faint aura of magic surrounding the statue. You also feel a faint drawing sensation from it, as though when its charge is depleted, it may be refilled. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the statue is to cast a spell or perform some magical purpose.

~ Methais