950 and the shroud 08/31/2017 06:08 AM CDT
I'm wondering why 950 has such a profound effect on the shroud in warcamps as opposed to other AoE spells. Whenever I cast 950, it sets off the shroud as if I had cast ewave or something 3-4 times. It basically makes 950 unusable in warcamps because, even with a fresh shroud, there's a good chance of setting it off in one cast of 950. Is it supposed to do that?

I'm not gonna paste the whole thing, but here's the end of 950 where it hits the shroud four times:

A burst of flame from your roaring ball of fire flies off and hits a Grimswarm orc ranger.
... 15 points of damage!
Minor burns to back. Looks uncomfortable.

Distorted ripples begin to appear across the mystical shroud surrounding this area!

Your hands glow with power as you invoke the phrase for Major Fire...
You gesture at a Grimswarm orc ranger.
You hurl a roaring ball of fire at a Grimswarm orc ranger!
AS: +517 vs DS: +355 with AvD: +44 + d100 roll: +55 = +261
... and hit for 64 points of damage!
Nasty burns to chest make you wish you never heard of heartburn.
The orc ranger rolls over and dies.
The light blue glow leaves a Grimswarm orc ranger.
The air calms down around a Grimswarm orc ranger.
The air about a Grimswarm orc ranger stops shimmering.
The powerful look leaves a Grimswarm orc ranger.
The dull golden nimbus fades from around a Grimswarm orc ranger.
A Grimswarm orc ranger seems to lose some dexterity.
The very powerful look leaves a Grimswarm orc ranger.
The white light leaves a Grimswarm orc ranger.
The wall of force disappears from around a Grimswarm orc ranger.
The eyes of a Grimswarm ranger momentarily return to normal before going lifeless.
The roaring ball of fire strikes a Grimswarm orc ranger, blossoming into a much larger sphere of flame upon impact.

The ripples in the mystical shroud surrounding the area become more prominent!

Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
Re: 950 and the shroud 08/31/2017 09:07 AM CDT
ADVERBIOUS
I'm wondering why 950 has such a profound effect on the shroud in warcamps as opposed to other AoE spells. Whenever I cast 950, it sets off the shroud as if I had cast ewave or something 3-4 times. It basically makes 950 unusable in warcamps because, even with a fresh shroud, there's a good chance of setting it off in one cast of 950. Is it supposed to do that?

Every spell cast under 950 is an AoE spell, but they individually do count much less than most other true AoE spells (even though their effect is just as pronounced).

GameMaster Estild