100th Level Spell and Cash Cow Sorcs 06/17/2017 03:30 PM CDT

This will help coins:

100th Major Elemental

Elemental Embodiment

The Wizard uses their elemental mana power to fuse spells into focused applications. The masterful Wizard can imbed a specially prepared imbeddable with a one-time spellup of all their defensive spells. The wizard can make a wand which feeds on the mana of the waver so that the amount of spells imbedded into it are refreshed at a rate which greatly enhances th pervasiveness over a fresh boxfound wound. The Wizard can temporarily refresh enhancive items for a number of uses or even *alter enhancive properties such attuning them to the advantage of the bearer*. A warrior might have a DEX enhancive with DISARM ranks but would prefer the DISARM be STALK/HIDE. The 100th level Spell will allow the Wizard to work on the trinket for a while and eventually get the adjustment made for a nice (hefty?) fee! Also, if the spell is cast at potions or magical objects directly, there is a chance to refresh a charge of it if it's an elemental spell. If this would also be able to give *temporary enhancives over 7x* then we'd have players converting coins to gold to pay! Also, I really like the concept that if CHANNELED or something then the Wizard can have a temporary workshop with maybe smaller bonus but still something for themselves to help enchanting. Something like a Bubble where they use a node to tap the mana pools and are inside an impenetrable area where only they and a pet can be which raises the bonus of enchanting not quite as high as a workshop but significantly.

100th Wizard Spell

Planar Mana Shift

The Wizard harnesses hubs of mana in the elements and uses them for various purposes. One advantage is that if the the Wizard happens to be a battlemage who uses thrown weapons, they are able to generate 7x flaring thrown weapons from the ether. If they are THW they may summon a 7x flaring blade as well. Or they may hurl a special bolt which has a churning energy from ALL the elements which explode in a Manuever based attack if the bolt hits or does not, 1 roll for each element. If the Mage is in trouble they may disappear for a while into the mana plane and repower themselves safely while the battle carries on-- a temporary invincibility but with RT that helps charge mana and stops blood loss/stuns, etc. The mana plane is so powerful that when the Wizard uses it directly to touch an enemy with their hands while bonded to it then there will be a chance for a flare (obviously an aid to UAF combat). Mana regeneration +1 per pulse but all spell costs cut by 1/3 to cast.

The Wizard becomes a mirror for the target and whatever the foe sees
Re: 100th Level Spell and Cash Cow Sorcs 06/17/2017 03:39 PM CDT
I'm not interested in any more abilities intended to benefit bots and other users rather than the main wizard, and I'm also not interested in having a 100th level spell be for a weapon or any more save me abilities.
Re: 100th Level Spell and Cash Cow Sorcs 06/17/2017 05:55 PM CDT
I like (I mean I really like) the idea of 100th level spells. Ideally, I'd love to see x60 / x70 / x75 / x80 / x85 / x90 / x95 / x99 spells for pure professions, and x60 / x70 / x75 for semi-professions.

I'd truly enjoy seeing the challenge shift from 'how do I maximize my one attack method' to 'o-man! I want all of these!'. Choices are a good thing.

I'm not sure, though, that I'd spend spell slots on things that already exist as exceptionally rare items (like bandolier reproducing spells). Might be able to be talked into it, but that's a longer path than coming up with something slick and new.

Do me a fav, and create me a really kick-ass runestaff generation / utilization spell - something worthy of x75 or above. Differentiated by sphere / circle, of course. :)

Doug
Re: 100th Level Spell and Cash Cow Sorcs 06/17/2017 07:36 PM CDT
I'm not interested in any high level spells being tied to or generating gear. One of the things I like the most about magic in GemStone is that magical power is innate and largely not tied to some item. You either have power, or you don't.
Re: 100th Level Spell and Cash Cow Sorcs 06/17/2017 07:53 PM CDT
Agreed. Although, I would carry a special place in my heart for a spell that (somehow) gave +50 AS, and caused the wizard's bolt to not be able to be blocked, evaded or parried. And that's pretty much a copy from a very nice item.

I'd like it to be limited by mana rather than the clock, though. ;)

But I don't believe I want it tied to 940. Just sayin'.

Doug
Re: 100th Level Spell and Cash Cow Sorcs 06/17/2017 08:00 PM CDT
And I'd want it to be tied to 940 rather than some other arbitrary level 75 or 100 spell as those are the sacrifices and mana costs that other pures have to pay. I'm looking for parity, not continued mediocre options.
Re: 100th Level Spell and Cash Cow Sorcs 06/18/2017 12:25 AM CDT
I think if there was a 100th level Major Elemental spell, it should make the caster into an actual Elemental.

_ _ _
Wyrom gestures at you, causing you to explode.