re multi disks 06/17/2017 02:55 PM CDT

"I have long felt that it would be a huge help if we were able to cast the spell AT a target--like that 90+ pound chest you just found, but can't pick up--and have the disk form around it, thereby letting you move the thing home from the hunting area.

And I would dearly love to have it be castable at a character, too, just to reduce the encumbrance of dragging him/her/it by <the capacity of the disk>. Call it a bier, a travois, whatever."

That's a good idea!

--
Ok about some practical concerns that seem pretty crappy to deal with. How about instead the disk just doesn't go by weight but goes by number of objects? And put a much higher limit. My wizard is almost 50th and does train in Lore, still can fit one in lots of times. Then goes back to Larton with 7-10 boxes. No complaints but if you travel a long way to get there and it takes time... there's a lot of loot out there to be plundered and you can fill up fast. The limits are too low.

How about a 40 item disk ?
Re: re multi disks 06/18/2017 07:23 PM CDT
>How about instead the disk just doesn't go by weight but goes by number of objects?

This is how disks already work and how they've always worked.

~ Methais
Re: re multi disks 06/18/2017 07:41 PM CDT
>> >> >How about instead the disk just doesn't go by weight but goes by number of objects?

>> This is how disks already work and how they've always worked.

I think that disks do have a max weight limit but generally speaking you never hit this before the item limit in actual usage.

-- Robert

* Wyrom was just vaporized!
Re: re multi disks 06/19/2017 09:17 AM CDT
When the plate armor from arch wights under the Graveyard was still worth something in the pawnshops, disks were perfectly willing to carry eight full suits of it. (I think it was only half plate, so 50 pounds apiece, not full plate/75 pounds apiece.)
Re: re multi disks 06/19/2017 02:20 PM CDT
>I think that disks do have a max weight limit but generally speaking you never hit this before the item limit in actual usage.

Back when I had some air lore I filled my disk with massive glaes clubs with no problems.

If a weight limit does exist, it will be impossible to hit it until we can stuff TSC empaths into them.

~ Methais
Re: re multi disks 06/19/2017 02:25 PM CDT
Because I like things like this I'll test see if I can hit a weight limit in my disk. I want to say the disk weight limit is 500 lbs. I think I have at least several 100 lb clubs sitting in a locker that would get me close to this and then I'll toss in some full plate or something similar that totals > 500 lbs and see.

-- Robert

* Wyrom was just vaporized!
Re: re multi disks 06/19/2017 02:30 PM CDT
>If a weight limit does exist, it will be impossible to hit it until we can stuff TSC empaths into them.

Would require the work of a group - but keep really heavy critter found boxes that have hundreds of pounds of silver in them. Unlock the boxes, remove any gems/items and keep all the coins inside. Then find a mage that can cast a large disk and start stuffing those real heavy boxes in it.

Last heavy box I found had over 35K in it, which put the box weigh right around 220 pounds.

You know, or a GM could be really bored and just chime in to tell us....for some reason though, I thought it was a 1,000 pounds.

-Drumpel
Re: re multi disks 06/20/2017 07:29 AM CDT
Technically there is no weight limit, just an item limit.

~Contemplar~
Re: re multi disks 06/20/2017 07:48 AM CDT
Technically there is no weight limit, just an item limit.
~Contemplar~

You do know some folk around here are always up for a challenge to break things.....

Thanks for the info, though.

-Drumpel