Focused Meteor Swarm 08/28/2015 07:31 AM CDT
What about a focuses meteor swarm spell, calling one rock down from the sky, to hit one target. No warding check, level based like focused implosion. Also a chance to obliterate the target leaving nothing to search like focused implosion. More or less a knockoff of focused implosion. I'd be okay with that. Or you could do it as a knockoff of call lightning, DOT, slow to start up, able to destroy boxes, player safe single target. I know I've actually posted this before over the years, maybe you already plan it? Seems like an obvious 525 improvement to me. Earth lore increases damage factor (bigger rocks), air lore increases summoning speed (DOT version), 80 ranks of fire lore unlock a flaming rock that does an extra fire critical, 80 ranks of water lore turns it instead into an ice chunk that that shatters on impact, causing shard of ice splash damage to nearby critters.
Re: Focused Meteor Swarm 08/28/2015 07:37 AM CDT
>> What about a focuses meteor swarm spell, calling one rock down from the sky, to hit one target.

We can even call it "I've got a rock" or "Mass Driver"

Yes I'm being silly, wondering if anybody gets the reference.
Re: Focused Meteor Swarm 08/28/2015 11:24 AM CDT
">> What about a focuses meteor swarm spell, calling one rock down from the sky, to hit one target.

We can even call it "I've got a rock" or "Mass Driver"" -- Balekia, quoting an unattributed Virilneus

Call it "Lucifer's Hammer" instead. :)

(Or, sure, change it to an in-character Arkati. Whatever.)
Re: Focused Meteor Swarm 08/28/2015 12:55 PM CDT
We definitely want to update Meteor Swarm to make it actually usable during combat. It won't be part of the ELR, but it something that probably will get reviewed in the near future. It has a lot of potential.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Focused Meteor Swarm 08/28/2015 03:39 PM CDT

That would definitely be a welcome change!
Re: Focused Meteor Swarm 04/16/2017 02:00 PM CDT
>> We definitely want to update Meteor Swarm to make it actually usable during combat. It won't be part of the ELR, but it something that probably will get reviewed in the near future. It has a lot of potential. ~ GameMaster Estild

Did this die out with all of the other fun and excitement around the wizard updates?

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: Focused Meteor Swarm 04/20/2017 10:16 AM CDT

I think so. I never did hear any more talk from a GM about it.
There were 2 spells I wanted to see changed. 502 and 525. I guess 1 out of 2 aint bad.