Small Fixes for Spells that Need Love 08/27/2016 12:32 PM CDT
I'm sure everyone has a spell or three on their list that could be nice, if only...

A spell re-write is a big change and beyond the scope of this thread. If you can think of a small change that makes a big difference, I'd put it here.

Foraging (603)/Skinning (604): Combine into a single spell, some sort of flora and fauna lore. Replace the other slot with a spell that, while active, lets a ranger PULL (bow/crossbow) to spend 1 mana and cause an arrow or bolt to grow in his hand, enchant = max(bow enchant/2, ranger base/4). Deforms into a twig and disappears when it leaves your hand; only works outdoors unless 625 is up.

Frenzy (216): Single-target forced stance offensive can be devastating against PCs, but is next to useless for spiritual casters. A 16-mana single-target disabler should be pretty awesome. Three options I can think of:

1. The creature is so enraged that it can do nothing but blindly attack. Disable all abilities that do not involve an AS roll. Combos nicely with 140.

2. When cast on a grouped PC, Frenzy is a flat 60 seconds, locks offensive, but provides -1/-2/-3/-4 RT at summoning lore breakpoints (0/40/100/175?). Opens nice cleric/paladin combos with 216/1617.

3. Frenzy is the opposite of Calm, so move Frenzy to EVOKE 201 at a much more reasonable mana cost (1-5) and open up the slot for something more useful.

Bind (214): I don't think the escalating mana cost is necessary any more. Bind is no longer as dominant as it was back in GS3, and 14 mana flat is more than fine for a powerful single-target disabler than a good number of creatures are immune to. For 16 mana, the cost to bind a single level 30 creature, clerics can stun or bind an entire room. For 20 mana, the cost to bind a single level 62 creature, Empaths can cast Sympathy on an entire room. Further, both of those spells will almost definitely have a better CS.

Prayer of Holding (301): If 214's cost changes, change 301 to a Seed 3 or 4 summation for parity.

Cry for Help (1116): A cute idea that is remarkably useless in practice. By default, allow it to be cast in statuses where your head is on right: while webbed or immobilized. With varying amounts of Telepathy Lore, also allow it to be through other maladies: stun, RT, and even death. With Summoning Lore, if cast with no target, have it ping everyone in the town's main resting area not wearing 204.

Undisease/Unpoison (113/114): Move to EVOKE 104/105. Of the two open slots, I suggest replacing 113 with a single-target bolt spell that uses the same DF/AvD as 510/910. It'd help round out the bolting Sorc/Cleric/Empath's arsenal, while still giving wizards a 30% mana advantage.

Bone Shatter (1106): Bone Shatter doesn't need any changes, but EVOKING it for a Shatter Bolt would give bolting empaths a lower-mana bolt to parallel with 306/705.
Re: Small Fixes for Spells that Need Love 08/27/2016 08:39 PM CDT
I like your thoughts, but for 113/114, I would like to see them combined with poison being cast and disease evoke, or vice versa, and then 104/105 could also be combined. 105 could be a spell similar to Minor Acid for that added bolt spell.
Re: Small Fixes for Spells that Need Love 08/29/2016 08:45 AM CDT
Elemental Detection (405): Make it work like an odeir'cos rune for sorcerers that know 714. There can be many other upgrades to this spell, but that's one that's relevant for me.