MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/06/2015 06:39 PM CST
With MANA SPELLUP, it seems like 112 doesn't get cast, along with the rest of our spells. I'd enjoy it being added, if at all possible.

I know it isn't a "defensive" spell persay, however, neither is 1603 (and that get's cast with SPELLUP). Both 112 and 1603 are considered "Utility" spells on the GSWiki.

(Also, not too much off-topic: not to be nit-picky, but with the way MANA SPELLUP is defined in-game (as casting all your defensive spells), spells like 1605, 1606, and 1612 shouldn't be cast with SPELLUP, as they're considered "Offensive" on the GSWiki. Basically, I think either the verbage defining MANA SPELLUP in-game needs to be changed, or some spells need to be removed.)

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Paragon of Kuon
~Gremlin Master, House Sylvanfair
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/06/2015 09:02 PM CST
This reminds me: the self-cast version of 209 you get with enough blessing lore ranks isn't part of MANA SPELLUP either.
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/07/2015 09:28 AM CST
Any chance of having some kind of programmable list that each player can make so that MANA SPELLUP only casts the spells a player wants?
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/07/2015 10:13 AM CST
Make a macro along the following lines:

>.spellup
put MANA SPELLUP
put STOP <spell I don't want>

And done.

-- Robert

Bazzelwyn says, "Maul maul maul maul maul maul maul."
Bazzelwyn says, "The answer is maul."
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/07/2015 02:44 PM CST
MANA SPELLUP will now include Water Walking (112), Purify Air (207), and Untrammel (209) (the latter only if the caster has enough lore ranks for the bonus). In addition, if you know Faith's Clarity (1603) (mostly just applicable to Paladins), it will cast that spell first before all others to help avoid armor hindrance. Lastly, spell knowledge enhancives will also work with it now.

GameMaster Estild
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/07/2015 03:15 PM CST
You're the best, Estild.
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/07/2015 03:41 PM CST
It's great to see positive changes being made in response to player requests. Thanks Estild.
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/07/2015 04:38 PM CST
Edit to add Purify Air (207) and spell knowledge enhancives.

GameMaster Estild
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/07/2015 06:11 PM CST
Most excellent, thanks so much Estild!

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Paragon of Kuon
~Gremlin Master, House Sylvanfair
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/09/2015 08:27 AM CST
Estild you are my hero! As a note to those that own them, this also updates spellup staves.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Brinret says, "Bring it on."
A bolt of lightning streaks down from the sky and strikes Brinret!
... 16428101 points of damage!
Powerful blast reduces Brinret to a smoldering pile of ash!
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/09/2015 08:29 AM CST
Also, not that I necessarily want to complain about this, I am not sure if this is intended. When I use my spellup staff on my ranger I get double the duration of 601. This is presumably because it is giving me 601 and 611. Not sure if the same thing happens with mana spellup.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/10/2015 03:53 AM CST

Some nice QoL changes here it sounds like. Nice job!

What's a spellup staff? Sounds interesting.
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/10/2015 09:31 AM CST
Spellup staves are the precursor to MANA SPELLUP. You can raise them for 1 cast of every defensive spell you know once an hour. They apparently share code with MANA SPELLUP because when spells were added to that, they were added to the staff spellup as well.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/13/2015 09:57 PM CST
Mana spellup doesn't appear to be working any more.

>mana spellup
You are unable to control the flows of mana to perform this task.
>mana
Maximum Mana Points: 451
Remaining Mana Points: 420

Mana gained off node: 77
Mana gained on node: 122

Mana Control abilities:
MANA PULSE - Manually invoke a mana pulse to gain mana as if you were off a node.
MANA SPELLUP - Instantly cast all of your defensive spells.

You have used the MANA SPELLUP ability 0 out of 4 times for today.
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/14/2015 08:40 AM CST

>>Mana spellup doesn't appear to be working any more.<<

Correct... at least for me.
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/16/2015 09:03 AM CST
This was brought up down in the 'Paladins' category, since that was where the thread dealing with the 1603/Faith's Clarity effect on Mana Spellup was getting attention from Estild.

It's been a week(-ish) that he's known about it.

One poster said to do "mana spellup", 'mana' (by itself, so the system tells you how many times you've used), and then "mana spellup" again.
Dang if that doesn't work for my guys who have enough Mana Control ranks.
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/16/2015 11:50 AM CST
Are you (or anybody else) still unable to use MANA SPELLUP? I've been unable to reproduce any problems so far.

Ixix
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/16/2015 12:09 PM CST
It's been spotty.

My sorcerer, for some reason, with I think 20 ranks in each of Elemental/Spirit, some times hits it on the first try. However, this morning when I cycled through everyone--and it looks like I did forget to login on Sunday, as I was sort of nebulously thinking to myself as I dozed off last night, because I'm back to the "500 fame" line--most of the people had to do the "mana spellup"/"mana"/"mana spellup" cycle.

So if you've changed anything since around 8:00am [Eastern] this morning, I'll need to login to check. If you haven't, then it's still borken.
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/16/2015 12:12 PM CST

Empath = First Try

Cleric = Mana Spellup, Mana, Mana Spellup

Literally just tested 1:13 PM Eastern.
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/16/2015 12:47 PM CST
>> Are you (or anybody else) still unable to use MANA SPELLUP? I've been unable to reproduce any problems so far.

Worked first try for wizard, paladin, and cleric.

I believe the last thing changed was that Estild added code to pre-cast 1603 if known. That might be a likely place to look in the coding.

-- Robert

Bazzelwyn says, "Maul maul maul maul maul maul maul."
Bazzelwyn says, "The answer is maul."
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/16/2015 12:57 PM CST
Okay - thanks. I'll keep digging.

Ixix
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/16/2015 05:31 PM CST

I also experienced this issue this morning with my cleric, immediately after logging in.

It resolved itself quickly, after an experience pulse and one use of the MANA command; not sure what did it.
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/16/2015 08:30 PM CST
Last night I tried with my cleric, and it didn't work. I thought I may have been too close to the 24 hour timer and checked mana, and it worked after that.

V V V V V

https://twitter.com/gs4_tahminarre
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/16/2015 08:57 PM CST

It sounds like this may be a problem only for people who used all of their Mana Spellups the previous day, and it's not resetting until after the next use of the Mana command.
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/17/2015 07:15 AM CST
Except when I put in the 'bug magic' report last week, it had been telling me that for three straight days. Sure, the first day I was willing to believe was within the time limit... but not the latter days.
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/17/2015 08:51 AM CST
I think BrandTJrT and Kardios may be on the right track, though.

Two of my characters got the 'mana spellup' to go off bang on the first try. Both of them have enough ranks to allow two (2) 'mana spellup' uses in a day. I was thinking that it may be that all of my single-use-only guys weren't going through because the system thought they had used one... but the double-use-possible guys were just going ahead and getting cleared because, even with having used one, they still had another available.

Sadly, I just checked, and I have at least three characters--to include Krakii, duh; I hadn't thought to check her--who meet that criterion. In fact, it's a total of four if Hybrids count ALL mana control ranks rather than halving the lesser Realm.
And if Hybrids do halve the lesser Realm... why? This is looking at your controls over mana, so they should all count.
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/17/2015 09:18 AM CST
And if Hybrids do halve the lesser Realm... why? This is looking at your controls over mana, so they should all count.

I think this is generally done because of training costs, to make hybrids equivalent to pures. Only way for a "pure" pure to get ahead is to double-train in their only mana control skill; empaths and sorcerers can single train in two skills at low cost, so training in the second one has to be only half as effective in order to put them on the same footing as wizards and clerics.

Again this morning, had issues using MANA SPELLUP after logging in (having used both of my uses from yesterday). An experience pulse did not fix it. The MANA command did fix it.
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/17/2015 09:58 AM CST
For purposes of Mana Spellup--indicating your mastery over mana--I would think that it would count ALL ranks.
(Krakii, for example, has 10 ranks/50 skill each in Mental and Elemental, even though she's a Spiritual Cleric. Why? Because Bards and Empaths of her level are routinely running around with 50 ranks/150 skill in their Realm, and between them that means that 75% [less wastage] gets through.)

In Estild's initial announcement (10-Sep-2012), the Multi-Cast ability specifically mentions primary Realm and secondary Realm, but it is for Hybrid spell lists... not specifically Hybrid casters.
I differentiate due to things like Self-Knowledge enhancives.

Four paragraphs and one example later, the announcement very visibly said absolutely nothing about 'Hybrid' anything whatsoever. It said Mana Control ranks, period.
(That paragraph, in full:
"Spellup*: MANA SPELLUP allows the caster to instantly invoke all of their known persistent buff spells. This ability can be utilized once per day for every 75 Mana Control ranks.")

Then on 25-Aug-2015, the ranks were lowered from 75 per use to 25 per use, in Cyraex' post.
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/17/2015 10:18 AM CST
(That paragraph, in full:
"Spellup*: MANA SPELLUP allows the caster to instantly invoke all of their known persistent buff spells. This ability can be utilized once per day for every 75 Mana Control ranks.")

And two paragraphs later...

Hybrid casters: it will calculate the caster’s Mana Control ranks by looking at their highest Mana Control, then counting half of the ranks in their secondary Mana Control.

I suspect that a cleric training MMC or EMC doesn't get any benefit. The messaging involves your "command of spiritual mana" and "spiritual abjurations" and such. Hybrids have a different message -- "spiritual and elemental abjurations" or something like that for sorcerers. So it seems to be command of your kind(s) of mana from which you get your spells, not mana generally.

And I think it makes sense that hybrids don't count all ranks equally. A sorcerer training 1x EMC and 1x SMC has the same training costs as a wizard training 1.5x EMC. Makes sense to me that they're equal in terms of abilities.
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/17/2015 10:56 AM CST
By JINGO, you're right!

I'd probably be better off if I read all the source doc, rather than just the parts that support my position. :)

Still, that doesn't explain why the Sorcerer [40 & 20 == 40 + 20/2 == 40 + 10 == 50] & Mage [50] get it to fire off just fine, while Krakii [50] doesn't; she has to do the three-step process to get it.

I'm going to fall back on my earlier position: Estild broke something.
I noticed it after he did the announcement for Faith's Clarity/1603 and the armor interactions, but the weekend before that it was working just fine.
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/17/2015 11:09 AM CST
>>to make hybrids equivalent to pures.

Perhaps the better question is why is my sorcerer able to use the mana spellup ability 12 times a day, while my wizard is limited to 8?

Unfair, I say! ;)

Doug
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/17/2015 11:34 AM CST
Perhaps the better question is why is my sorcerer able to use the mana spellup ability 12 times a day, while my wizard is limited to 8?
Unfair, I say! ;)

Ha! Although your sorcerer did spend nearly 900 MTPs more than your wizard to get those extra 4 uses...
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/17/2015 12:38 PM CST
It sounds like this may be a problem only for people who used all of their Mana Spellups the previous day, and it's not resetting until after the next use of the Mana command.

Good theory, but no. I've tried it with using all my mana spellups, tried it with using 1 (of 2) and tried it with using 0 of 2. All three possibilities have occasionally caused the glitch. Which, as I said, is easily worked around by then typing MANA and trying MANA SPELLUP again; it has always worked on that second try.

Obviously without access to the code, I can't figure it out, but it sounds like typing MANA is forcing a reload of the variables that MANA SPELLUP checks to see if you have any left or not.

-Taakhooshi, and Me

For the Story of Taakhooshi:
http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Taakhooshi
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/17/2015 03:43 PM CST
As a thought for helping narrow this down after having the problem again (with the mana fixing it), I am sitting at or just after 40 ranks in spirit mana control. If it is a case of it being below 2x/day.

V V V V V

https://twitter.com/gs4_tahminarre
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/17/2015 08:53 PM CST
I'm pretty sure that the issue with being unable to use MANA SPELLUP when you should be able to is fixed now, but please post here if you experience otherwise!

Ixix
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/19/2015 09:00 AM CST
I did a series of 'bug magic' about it again this morning.

Both the Sorcerer (on one account) and the Mage (on the other) who are authorized for two (2) 'mana spellup' got them to go off; no-one else was able to.
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/19/2015 01:08 PM CST
Can you post a log or email me directly (gs4-estild@play.net) of your characters that are having the problem, with them typing SKILL, MANA, MANA SPELLUP, and MANA again, in that order and without editing out anything? I also may need to try to catch someone in game that can reproduce the issue.

GameMaster Estild
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/19/2015 01:38 PM CST
I'll try to wait until tomorrow/Friday morning at 11:00am [Eastern], just to make certain that I am beyond the 24-hour window for everyone.
Re: MANA SPELLUP - Please Add 112 11/20/2015 11:13 AM CST
And I suspect that yesterday morning happened to be a case of slightly disjoint AM schedule for me, where I was up and moving earlier on Thursday than I was on Wednesday.
(So my 'mana spellup' happened within "23 hours and something", so that only those two guys eligible for 2/day got one fired off.)

Today, all expected successes, actually were.