HSN - Fix Skills Inquiry 09/03/2015 12:55 PM CDT
It was mentioned earlier for the Sorcerers due to the significant changes during HSN, that they were going to be giving a FixSkills at the end of HSN to, at the very least, sorcerers.

Considering the ELR has potential to impact all players / classes in the game (spell circle access, imbeds, scrolls, self-knowledge gear, and other various aspects) is this FixSkills going to be extended to all classes or just a sub-set? Can you clarify, for the sake of better planning during HSN, which groups of characters will be eligible to get a FixSkills by the end of HSN?
Re: HSN - Fix Skills Inquiry 09/03/2015 01:39 PM CDT

It was stated that every class possibly effected by these updates would receive a fixskill at the end.
Re: HSN - Fix Skills Inquiry 09/03/2015 02:07 PM CDT
>> It was stated that every class possibly effected by these updates would receive a fixskill at the end.

One person's definition of being "effected" is different than another's.

Does this mean:

1. Only classes that actually have access to spell impacted by the HSN?
2. All classes due to the way Scrolls and Imbedded items work?
3. How about the fact that UAC was updated, and every class can use UAC?

As you can see, it's not clear what the intention is here. HSN covers more than just Sorcerer spell review and Elemental Lore Review. What areas of HSN are considered "worthy", by the GMs, to warrant a Fix Skills once the dust settles?
Re: HSN - Fix Skills Inquiry 09/03/2015 02:27 PM CDT
Probably just be Sorcerers/Wizards, and potentially Bards/Rogues.

I wouldn't expect a fixskills for every minor change (like UAC). The SR and ELR have a major impact on the above professions, thus the courtesy.

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: HSN - Fix Skills Inquiry 09/03/2015 02:30 PM CDT
The relevant spelling is 'A'ffected, in any case.

I read the FixSkill as applying to people whom the Lore Review was impacting; not some miscellaneous change like UAC multistrike. (But, even if that were the case, they would grant it to those people who actually have UAC, i.e. 'Brawling skill'.)

And scroll/item use of a spell has never been a determinant in a FixSkills, because it hits everyone equally.

Short version:

You're overthinking.

Do You Have Any Of The Spells--including from Self-Knowledge Enhancive items--That Had A Change From The Elemental Lore Review?
Yes == Fixskills applies.
No == It don't.
Re: HSN - Fix Skills Inquiry 09/03/2015 02:36 PM CDT
While I appreciate all the thoughts and insight on the topic. I'd really rather just hear the official word, so everyone can plan accordingly. Lots of people are wondering if Warriors will get one. They have MnE spell access, but does the minor changes to that spell list really warrant a free Fix Skill? Who is to say other than the Devs themselves.

My primary character is a Sorcerer. I don't have to guess, he's going to get a fixskill. I also have a Wizard, Cleric, Empath, Paladin and Monk. Should the Monk not get a fixskill when there was a brand new CMAN introduced, and value to MoC added that was never really a factor before now?

How about the Paladin since the 504 change applies the same to 1602?

Speculate all you like, but none of the responses are official enough to satisfy my interest in this topic... Hopefully a red name will pop in and clarify!
Re: HSN - Fix Skills Inquiry 09/03/2015 02:36 PM CDT
>Do You Have Any Of The Spells--including from Self-Knowledge Enhancive items--That Had A Change From The Elemental Lore Review?

No. Calael owns them all.

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: HSN - Fix Skills Inquiry 09/03/2015 02:39 PM CDT
Actually, my suggestion to Estild was multi-fold:
- open up the Test Server for a weekend, or a week, or whatever, and let everyone to splash around over there to see what they'd turn into;
- even with that foretaste, don't just do a FixSkills but activate 48 hours of ultrafast migration when it goes 'live' in the production server, time keyed to the character (i.e. to start when the character first does some skill migration).

"Just One FixSkill", with all the possible different ways a given Mage could turn out, is actually pretty harsh.
Re: HSN - Fix Skills Inquiry 09/03/2015 02:42 PM CDT
By the way, who are these people who are using their annual fixskill every year? I think I used one, ever, which was at some point during Growing Pains.

Do people just get tired of their builds every twelve months, or what?

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: HSN - Fix Skills Inquiry 09/03/2015 02:46 PM CDT
>By the way, who are these people who are using their annual fixskill every year? I think I used one, ever, which was at some point during Growing Pains.

Do people just get tired of their builds every twelve months, or what?

~Brian, Sepher's player

I know my top characters use them...especially the monk. He has tried several builds until he got one that mostly works...of course with HSN his build needs tweaking again. HSN was more than just Mstrike for UAC, it was meditation resistance, Ki focus, and mstrike. All of these can potentially make a huge difference to a monk.
Re: HSN - Fix Skills Inquiry 09/03/2015 02:48 PM CDT
I know I used one when my second Wizard hit 25th, to reallocate him out of a hunting build and into an Enchanter.

Right now he's dead, from having blown up an Enchanting project.

So I probably need to blow another FixSkill, to turn him back into a hunter for a couple more levels, before using another one at some point to bring him back to Enchanting. :)

One Fighter dropped a bunch of extraneous weapon ranks and picked up, oh, just a ton of other things.

But yeah, other than that, it would need to be a really sexy weapon/armor/magical toy with some cool benefits for me to reallocate around.
Re: HSN - Fix Skills Inquiry 09/03/2015 02:53 PM CDT
>> By the way, who are these people who are using their annual fixskill every year? I think I used one, ever, which was at some point during Growing Pains.

I use one or two per year across... let's say 8 character.

Usually it's just minor adjustments but the last one I remember I dropped some Dodge training on my ranger (bringing them back down to 1x) in favor of learning the 100s circle up to 120. So same basic build (still using a crossbow in the open) but it would have taken forever to do it without the annual FIXSKILLs.

I also retrained my monk of 15th level based on new advice. I was primarily interested in changing CMAN training but it was easier to annual FIXSKILL the CMAN down to 0 then just train it back up the new way.

-- Robert

"All wizards are beginners; some of us have just been beginning longer!"
Re: HSN - Fix Skills Inquiry 09/03/2015 03:21 PM CDT
<<<So I probably need to blow another FixSkill, to turn him back into a hunter for a couple more levels, before using another one at some point to bring him back to Enchanting. :)>>>

I don't know how to break this to you, but an enchanting wizard can be a perfectly effective hunter, too. ;)

~ GtG
Re: HSN - Fix Skills Inquiry 09/03/2015 03:26 PM CDT
I know, but I have a hard enough time finding time to play the characters that really interest me, that I would hate to have to eat into their action just to play the 2nd-string Enchanter. I'd rather put all of his points into Enchanting-benefit stuff, and cut him adrift (except for the 9.8437 seconds each month I need to bring him in to cast/re-pour).
Re: HSN - Fix Skills Inquiry 09/03/2015 04:01 PM CDT
Everyone will receive another FIXSKILL. There's only only a few professions that didn't receive any update, so rather than go through and decide who did or didn't (and if it was impactful enough to matter), it's easier this way.

GameMaster Estild