embedding from scrolls 08/05/2013 07:33 PM CDT

Something I'd like to see is the ability to take scroll spells, and transfer them into wands or blank embeddables. Of course it would mean having enough MIU and Arcane to be able to use the spells, and only one spell per item, also likely not something other then pures can do. I am curious how many others would find this useful. Although, I have no idea if its something that would be coding impossible, but in the spirit of the recently released boxes that change fluff on wands and scrolls maybe a tier 5 item that allows this to happen?

Or maybe this could be a new spell for one of the unimplemented high level slots for mages or sorcerers?
Re: embedding from scrolls 08/05/2013 08:18 PM CDT
I like the suggestion, personally.

Even with the diminished need (one hand scroll invoking is fantastic!) there are times when it's easier to tap a device than it is to get a wand or scroll and wave or invoke.

I'm not sure it needs to be significantly out of reach, either. Given that scrolls themselves are limited a 50th training character should be able to manage up to a 10th order spell, at least in my view.

Doug
Re: embedding from scrolls 08/09/2013 02:33 PM CDT
>I have no idea if its something that would be coding impossible, but in the spirit of the recently released boxes that change fluff on wands and scrolls maybe a tier 5 item that allows this to happen?

Shouldn't be. Paladins can put any spell into their bonded weapon that they can prep...regardless of sphere.

>Or maybe this could be a new spell for one of the unimplemented high level slots for mages or sorcerers?

Of course I am biased, but it would seem slightly more appropriate for sorcerers, since they are the scroll masters...of course I can see a valid and logical argument for mages too with charge item...

either way...I agree it would be useful...granted given the rarity of 420 scrolls, I'm guessing there was a reason why this wasn't wanted once upon a time. Whether today's staff of GMs agree or know about that reason is an entirely different matter. A lot of things that GMs of old said would never happen are now readily available (fixskills, fixstats, and a host of others I'm far too lazy to list)

--Jurp
Re: embedding from scrolls 08/09/2013 06:51 PM CDT
Shouldn't be. Paladins can put any spell into their bonded weapon that they can prep...regardless of sphere.

--Jurp

Not true, the list of "imbedable" paladin spells is pretty small.

Also I'm guessing on this but, unlike actual imbeds, I don't believe the weapon is actually used for storing the spell between infuse and release. I think the underlying mechanics function more like spell store, again, just speculation.

Dgry