Ensorcell and Weighting / Padding Changes 08/11/2017 06:05 PM CDT
x-post from https://forums.elanthia.online/topic/150/ensorcell-and-weighting-padding-changes

Maetriks asks: "So, I’m not sure if this has been posted anywhere and if it has, I really don’t feel like navigating the officials to find it. With the reported updates to weighting/padding, I was curious if there will be an update to 735 working better on these items, specifically those super duty items like claidhmores or other items that require ridiculous amounts of training in 700 spell circle. Currently, it can be damn near impossible to do these items, and with it being announced that no merchants offering ensorcell work ever again, it is a rather important question to ask."

Doug
Re: Ensorcell and Weighting / Padding Changes 08/11/2017 07:53 PM CDT
That's silly if i'm reading that right. If merchant enchanting is offered, so should merchant ensorcelling. And no, the solution is not to cancel all merchant enchanting.

!>tell child to be quiet
The child cries, "I don't wanna!"
Re: Ensorcell and Weighting / Padding Changes 08/12/2017 04:08 AM CDT
>>That's silly if i'm reading that right. If merchant enchanting is offered, so should merchant ensorcelling. And no, the solution is not to cancel all merchant enchanting.

Vey much so agreed. There are a lot of sorcerers on this very tip for very much the same reason.

#bardlife
Re: Ensorcell and Weighting / Padding Changes 08/13/2017 11:26 AM CDT
No, there will not be any changes to ensorcelling weighted/padded items. The items that are difficult/impossible are by design.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Ensorcell and Weighting / Padding Changes 08/13/2017 11:55 AM CDT
Are we going to see merchant services for ensorcelling then to compensate?

#bardlife
Re: Ensorcell and Weighting / Padding Changes 08/13/2017 12:54 PM CDT
No, as already stated. That will never be offered as a future merchant service. Not all items are intended to be ensorcelled, especially if they already have a number of high end properties.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Ensorcell and Weighting / Padding Changes 08/13/2017 01:18 PM CDT
>>No, as already stated. That will never be offered as a future merchant service. Not all items are intended to be ensorcelled, especially if they already have a number of high end properties.

>>GameMaster Estild

To put it plainly: that sucks.

#bardlife
Re: Ensorcell and Weighting / Padding Changes 08/13/2017 06:44 PM CDT
So does swinging weapons without claidhmore-level weighting.

Just saying.