710 "Bug" 09/29/2015 01:14 PM CDT

Not every spell can be useful in all situations. I know I modified my tactics when dealing with targets that moved more than others while using focused 710. I never really ran into what you did where even moving into the room has it dissipate. If I could move in the room it generally stayed. But if the target moved a lot I would modify and do one of the following.

710 + 410 = Yeah they get back up but gives you time. (I did this a lot when using 3-4 710s to kill targets in a swarm.)
708 + 710 = If you are good at spell aiming, target a leg and take it out. Then 710 just builds on top of them.
710 + 706 = More time to build.

I know these are a bit mana intensive, but they tend to work. If you still have a mana problem then maybe that isn't the way to hunt. I'm also just offering suggestions, not saying you are doing anything wrong. I personally have never had much trouble using focused 710, but results may vary I guess.
Re: 710 "Bug" 09/29/2015 02:11 PM CDT

If you can ward a target sufficiently to reliably blow off a leg with 708, you probably have much better choices available than 710. 410 is kinda ok, but with how slow 710 acts, I'm not sure how likely it is that it'll actually finish before the critter gets up and leaves. (I do something similar to this with open cast 710 and 709)
Re: 710 "Bug" 09/29/2015 02:21 PM CDT

I'll admit 710 is mostly a deal with you while I'm worried about something else to me. I'll cast 710 on the second, third, and fourth target in a room. (Of creatures that don't move much.) And use other tactics to take out the first while it spins up. I don't use it much as a standard hunting mechanic. I can see 709 working well too.