1650 - indestructible 08/08/2015 04:17 PM CDT
Just another 1650 idea since none has been about lately. Hoping we are on right track, Mr. Estild.

Basically the idea that the paladin is an indestructible walking tank
When the paladin were to take fatal damage, instead he/she gets full health back and ignores his/her current wounds for 10 minutes (Debatable / negotiable) Duration can be based off lore and how many times this can occur can also be based off Lore. Perhaps make it once every 4 hours and Lore training can get it down to a 1 hour cooldown?

It's just a thought. I think that's worth of a 50th level spell

I also still think that we should have the ability to bond to a 2nd weapon of choice with 40 or so Religion Lore so we have a secondary weapon should plasma not be acceptable (ie: Bowels, or other critters that absorb heat)

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: 1650 - indestructible 08/11/2015 11:55 AM CDT
I actually had a similar idea for a spell I called "Unbending Force"

The idea would be that the Paladin would have a base percent chance of surviving an otherwise fatal blow (AS/DS, Maneuver, or CS/TD only...not bleeding out or poison, etc) once every X hours. Triggering would come with a period of 60 seconds of immunity to death and 1640-like ability to ignore wounds.

Base % of 25% + Seed 1 Religion Lore
Cooldown 12 hours - 2 minutes/Summoning Lore rank
Chance of Paladin and group being instantly pulled into the nearest permanent sanctuary = 2 x Seed 1 Blessing lore
Re: 1650 - indestructible 08/12/2015 10:49 AM CDT
Not too shabby, but I'd rather fight then be forced into a sanctuary, but that's my preference as it could suddenly clear the path for the would be invaders if the whole group were teleported.

I'm hoping somebody would let us know if we're on the right track or not for the 50th slot spell.

Re: 1650 - indestructible 08/12/2015 01:16 PM CDT
I'm hoping somebody would let us know if we're on the right track or not for the 50th slot spell.

Suggestions are always good and welcome. We've ideas, but you never know when someone will toss out something mind-blowingly good, and sometimes even pieces of suggestions are jewels.

~Viduus
Re: 1650 - indestructible 08/12/2015 01:21 PM CDT

Uh...did I miss some post about your 50th slot idea or something?
Re: 1650 - indestructible 08/12/2015 05:21 PM CDT
I was just pointing out a difference of your version versus what I posted - being that your version (as you said) moves the paladin and his/her group back to safety while mine doesn't :-)

Re: 1650 - indestructible 09/07/2015 12:13 PM CDT
>Basically the idea that the paladin is an indestructible walking tank

Not sure who plays/played Magic, but for some reason this statement reminds me of Darksteel Colossus...

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: 1650 - indestructible 09/08/2015 01:36 PM CDT
I haven't played Magic the Gathering forever. But.. I do play Hearthstone from time to time when I'm just trying to kill a little time.

Re: 1650 - indestructible 09/12/2015 12:48 PM CDT
>I haven't played Magic the Gathering forever.

The creature I referenced is 11/11, trample, and indestructible.

They've even printed beefier creatures since the set that guy was printed, which I also disdain. I hated that Oath of Druids got banned from so many formats only because the powers that be printed ridiculous creatures, whereas Oath offers many options for fun and cleverness which isn't pure face smashing to win. Yet, I digress...

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p