1625...twice? 07/06/2015 12:21 AM CDT

So what if at 40 Paladin ranks or so, you could 1625 to a second weapon?

It'd be a nice way to help add some diversity to the profession- supports an alternative build and encourages Paladins to have a backup weapon. Anything to spice hunting up a bit!
Re: 1625...twice? 07/07/2015 06:59 AM CDT
Might be neat!

I can see it relevant for lightning elementals in the Confluence...so you can go to town with your wooden maul (or whatever).

It still doesn't address the issue of plasma flares in the Bowels.

Definitely adds a little spice and doesn't seem that game breaking to me. Most people are going to use their first (and presently only) bond on their best weapon.

As of now, my alternate weapon is a sanctified piece of junk, in the off chance I need one.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: 1625...twice? 07/07/2015 10:20 AM CDT
Well.. it sort of does and doesn't, Daid. With the option of two bonded weapons, a paladin can choose to have a weapon that already has a flare / weighting which addresses the flares in the bowels so I could see this being useful and not even game breaking since it does open up a secondary option to use.

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: 1625...twice? 07/08/2015 05:37 AM CDT
>Well.. it sort of does and doesn't, Daid. With the option of two bonded weapons, a paladin can choose to have a weapon that already has a flare / weighting which addresses the flares in the bowels so I could see this being useful and not even game breaking since it does open up a secondary option to use.

Ah, a clever point!

I should further note that it would open up much more the route of two-weapon combat Paladins. At present a splitting weapon is required for this to be very viable, and those are pricey and rare. Since paladins are essentially no good outside melee combat (e.g. ranged, etc) considering 1605, 1617, and 1625, it's strange that this one build is very much hindered by the status quo.

I wonder firstly how many two-weapon combat paladins there are at present, and how many there might be if this was an option.

I'd even go as far as to add two-weapon combat as an additional requirement to the second weapon to sanctify. Nothing extremely harsh to put it out of the reach of paladins only using one weapon at a time, but some number of ranks to allow more and more options unlocked. Maybe the "second" weapon could be 0 ranks (or it could be higher); anyway, the point here is perhaps even more than two could be further unlocked with more sanctified weapons, to give additional options two prospective TWC paladins.

The only consideration that I see is that this could give a modest advantage to Paladins over Warriors in the domain of Tainted Bond. And before you ask, yes my Paladin does have that CMAN. It requires a bonded/Sanctified weapon.

As such, we should assume that for fairness, this change should be coupled with a change to warrior bonding as well.

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: 1625...twice? 07/08/2015 04:14 PM CDT
I should further note that it would open up much more the route of two-weapon combat Paladins. At present a splitting weapon is required for this to be very viable, and those are pricey and rare. Since paladins are essentially no good outside melee combat (e.g. ranged, etc) considering 1605, 1617, and 1625, it's strange that this one build is very much hindered by the status quo.

I was just thinking and imagining a paladin duel wielding two bonded weapons. Of course, the argument would be they could just get two eonake weapons and just get them enchanted but meh. I still don't see it game breaking so much since at the best it would give such a paladin twice as much strength and wisdom as well as a returning weapon that may or may not have the flares.

I'm still hoping to read more 1650 ideas.

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: 1625...twice? 07/08/2015 07:51 PM CDT
I still want to see a TWC paladin with an unlocked splitting weapon. First im curious if the enhancives would double when split and second im curious if you get double the infused spells when split. They should both work but you never know. The damage would be impressive but I dont think anything would ever survive to see all the potential flares.

Speaking of that, warriors and rogues have whirling dervish and executioner's stance to redirect damage from attacks to other creatures in the room. With all the flares paladins can dish out what if they could redirect flares to other creatures in the room should they die from the swing?
Re: 1625...twice? 07/09/2015 12:15 AM CDT
>I still don't see it game breaking so much since at the best it would give such a paladin twice as much strength and wisdom as well as a returning weapon that may or may not have the flares.

It really isn't I don't think. I can't be the only paladin that makes a lot of use of Surge of Strength. My character is mid 50s, and between his weapon, Adv Guild badge, a minor enhancive, and surge, he's maxed out strength.