Consecrate v2.0 06/10/2015 06:50 PM CDT
I've given the criticisms some thought, and I'm definitely willing to modify the spell.

Let me summarize the criticisms:
Don't overlap existing mechanics (RT, DS reduction, etc).
Consider Paladins that do not take advantage of Consecrate flares.
Consider the Lornon/Liabo divide
Balance the spell spell where appropriate

One thing I want to reiterate is that this is a means to increase build diversity and chiefly a more pure oriented build while keeping with the melee caster theme. To that end, the outcome of the CS/TD resolution should be taken into effect, the higher the outcome margin, the greater the effects; this promotes spell training in the Paladin base beyond 40 ranks.

Description:
Upon attaining 15 ranks of Religion Lore, the Paladin is now able to cast 1604 on enemy combatants. Casting Consecrate in this manner uses the CS of the Paladin vs the TD of the target. Successful outcomes yields a low amount of raw damage, a low plasma criticals. Successful casts weaken the target.

Mechanics:
One raw damage cycle and two critical of damage cycles.
Damage Factor == 0.200 + 0.001 per Religion Lore rank beyond 15.
Attacking preferred enemy of Lornon (living) and Liabo (undead) increases the base DF to 0.225
Increase critical cycles by 0.20 Seed 8 Spirit Mana Control (that's right, a reason to train in SMC!).
Ex1: 50 ranks of SMC guarantees a third critical cycle.
Ex2: 63 Ranks guarantees a third cycle with a 20% chance of a fourth cycle.
Raw damage cycle is calculated as: 5 per critical cycle + outcome_margin * DF.
Plasma Critical ranks are dependent on outcome_margin * DF, just like AS/DS resolutions.
1604 may be infused in bonded weapons.
Each location on the creature hit by the spell will weaken the target; subsequent physical attacks on the target locations hit will ignore 10 + 1 per seed 10 outcome margin critical padding and ignore 10% + 1% per seed 10 outcome margin resistance (additive, not multiplicative). Note: This effect does nothing vs targets with no crit padding or no resistance! The plasma critical cycles do not gain the benefit of this reduction in crit padding or resistance. However, subsequent casts may benefit. Lastly, if the Paladin hits a weakened location of the target, the chance of an initial Concecrate flare improves by 4% Seed 3 Blessing Lore (mirrors second flare bonus).
Mana cost increases by 2 for each additional attempted critical damage cycle beyond the second. That is to say, if you have a 20% chance for a third critical damage cycle, the spell will cost 6 regardless if the the third cycle is achieved or not.
The paladin can limit the additional cycles using the syntax: cast {target} (null or 0;default|1|2). cast {estlid} 1 would limit the additional cycles to 1 for a total of 3, cast estlid 2 would limit the additional cycles to 2 for a total of 4. The default is set at 2 cycles with no additional cycles. This syntax can also be used to limit the mana cost when infusing into a bonded weapon.

So! You can go a few routes here. Just get the SMC to hit more locations so you have better chances to ignore padding/resistance on a favorable location (e.g., head, neck, eyes). Or you can stack religion lore to deal more damage; I see this as being what a pure paladin would train in addition to SMC. The spell will deal really poor damage unless the Paladin trains hard for CS and SMC, but the boost to the initial Consecrate flare happens regardless of outcome margin.

Example:
The critical damage cycles are indicated as follows:
2: double-helix (base)
3: triple-helix (one additional)
4: quadruple-helix (two additional)

The preferred damage of the target is as follows:
Lornon vs Undead: grey
Lornon vs Living: violet
Liabo vs Undead: blue
Liabo vs Living: grey

Example with 50 ranks of Spirit Mana Control from Lorminstra Paladin.

>prep 1604
You trace a simple symbol as you reverently call on your patron in the prayer for Consecrate...
Your spell is ready.
>cast estlid
You gesture at Estlid.
A triple-helix of crackling grey energy assaults Estlid!
CS: +384 - TD: +273 + CvA: +8 + d100: +26 == +145
Warding failed!
The sacred energy quickly coalesces around Estlid!
... 19 points of damage!
... 10 points of damage!
Intense blast to the Estlid's eyelid causes it to sizzle and pop. Rank 2 Eye Critical; Rank 2 Wound
... 5 points of damage!
Plasma scalds the Estlid's stomach leaving painful red streaks. Rank 1 Abdomen Critical; Rank 1 Wound
... 10 points of damage!
Powerful burst to the Estlid's back causes excruciating pain. Rank 2 Back Critical; Rank 1 Wound
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

>look Estlid
He is looks overworked and underpaid.
He has swollen on his right eye surrounded by a pulsating grey light, minor cuts and bruises on his back surrounded by a pulsating grey light, and minor cuts and bruises on his abdomen surrounded by a pulsating grey light.
Re: Consecrate v2.0 06/11/2015 01:12 AM CDT
Actually, I like the idea of Summoning Lore increasing the number of critical cycles and Blessing Lore affecting the padding/resistance reduction instead of SMC and outcome margin, respectively. With this approach, the Paladin must choose between critical damage (Religion), cycles (Summoning), ancillary effects (Blessing). It also has the byproduct of allowing non-pure built Paladins to be effective without needing a high a outcome margin. I've also changed a few things up.

Lore Effects:
Spiritual LoreIterationEffect
SummationSeed 6+20% Chance Extra Critical Cycle
ReligionRank+0.001 DF
BlessingSeed 3+4% Initial Consecrate Flare On Weakened Location
BlessingSeed 5+1 Critical Padding Reduction On Weakened Location
BlessingSeed 5+3% Resistance Reduction On Weakened Location (additive)

For more physical Paladins, I envision this spell being situationally valuable against really tough targets (e.g., reduce the 30% Damage Reduction of Earth Elementals). For more pure Paladins, I see this as being the linchpin of their offensive spell casting arsenal.