a suggestion for deity specific messaging 03/02/2011 03:35 PM CST
I'm a follower of Oleani but when the changes were rolled out I was disappointed to see that my now my character's raises, blinds and various other deity-specific messaging was introduced. If you know my character, it may seem ironic, but love isn't feminine. Fertility isn't entirely feminine either. Oleani would govern BOTH aspects in harmony with each other. But instead of changing an inherently motherly set of in-game messaging, you could make us able to mask which deity.

What I'm getting at is that because of the change I have wanted to convert to neutral because I don't like the messaging. Frankly, it isn't fair that I have to do so to get away with it. My character looks like a girly fruit just because my character serves the goddess of love. To address this, you could create a flag to turn off deity-specific messaging to allow us to be more secretive about whom I serve if we so choose, thus enhancing the roleplaying environment. Think about rogues no longer displaying their lockpicking messages and when that change was rolled out. It created a generation of friendly rogues and a generation of quiet, stealthy ones. Think about DragonRealms and how you can get feature alterations but mask them with clothing, an option GemStone IV doesn't have (yet).

I'm just saying. I have hated the deity specific messaging since we got it because it doesn't reflect why Kethore chose his deity and being able to go back to the standard messaging without abandoning 13 years of service to her would be beneficial to me and some other clerics who agree. I am quite certain of this.

Please consider it.

Thanks
Kethore
Re: a suggestion for deity specific messaging 03/02/2011 03:51 PM CST
<<Think about DragonRealms and how you can get feature alterations but mask them with clothing, an option GemStone IV doesn't have (yet).

GemStone does have items that can hide feature alterations. They're just not sold off the shelf usually.

-Adam

"You guys took all the pretty places." ~Anonymous
Re: a suggestion for deity specific messaging 03/02/2011 03:51 PM CST
I 100% support being able to mask deity specific messaging. Unfortunately, the GMs are 100% against it.
Re: a suggestion for deity specific messaging 03/02/2011 03:53 PM CST
>I 100% support being able to mask deity specific messaging. Unfortunately, the GMs are 100% against it.

+1

--

cogito ergo femina sum
Re: a suggestion for deity specific messaging 03/03/2011 05:56 PM CST
>>I 100% support being able to mask deity specific messaging. Unfortunately, the GMs are 100% against it

I'd like to be able to mask such messaging too. Or going back to the more neutral ones. As someone seemed to suggest earlier, many of the messages are quite feminine. Kai's 318 message (per KP), for example. I tend to raise (even) less than I used to because of the newer messaging.
Re: a suggestion for deity specific messaging 03/03/2011 11:13 PM CST
Ditto. I dislike all the actions forced upon my character.

I also think it took some of the creativity out of people who used to make their own raising messaging/rituals. Most people don't use them anymore as far as I can tell. Maybe a scripted item here or there, but nothing elaborate anymore.

Fancy and pretty as some may be, they were a step backward, not forward.

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power" - William Shakespeare