320- What I'd like to see... 11/30/2010 12:08 PM CST
Alright... Maybe this is just because I've been jealous hunting with a couple sorcerers recently, but I think it'd be nice to have something similar to 712 Cloak of Shadows in this slot. They summon demons when they get stunned to counterattack... So I think it'd be nice to have some spirits or maybe something deity specific to counterattack when we get stunned. Plus, all the other pures have a defense against Garrote, and I'm not liking it!
Wizards- Stoneskin
Sorcerers- Cloak of Shadows
Empaths- Troll's Blood? (heh, trying to make a point)
Clerics- STRANGULATIONS
Re: 320- What I'd like to see... 11/30/2010 01:04 PM CST
I...don't think Troll's Blood helps when one is being garroted.

If clerics were going to get a "Robe of Spirits" spell, I'd expect it to offer a big defensive boost when the cleric is disabled, as opposed to the counterattack provided by CoS. Seems more in line with the flavor of the class to me.

Perhaps when the cleric gets stunned/etc. and the Robe activates, some guardian spirits would appear and provide a DS/TD/Maneuver buff, but any undead that are repelled by the spirits are also damaged?

Something like that makes more sense to me for clerics.
Re: 320- What I'd like to see... 11/30/2010 01:36 PM CST
Empaths have both Troll's Blood and Regeneration. It isn't a counter attack, but between those two spells, the ability to wear chain, heal themselves, and 3x PF I think their bases are covered.

I do agree that Clerics could use a defense oriented spell. You guys can wear heavy armor, but that's about it. Beseech would make sense...but it's kind of taken.
Re: 320- What I'd like to see... 11/30/2010 02:10 PM CST
I see no reason why Clerics don't have Beseech in the same manner as Paladins, I mean who really needs the ability to break a stun more?

With all of the Cleric spells we already call upon the favor of our gods why wouldn't we do so when we need it most?

~D
AIM: Delcian

"Only after disaster can we be resurrected." - TD
Re: 320- What I'd like to see... 11/30/2010 03:39 PM CST
agreed

-James-
player of Fremie

Mirayam says, "You are not a rogue, sir."

Mirayam exclaims, "You are noble!"
Re: 320- What I'd like to see... 11/30/2010 03:57 PM CST
>I see no reason why Clerics don't have Beseech in the same manner as Paladins, I mean who really needs the ability to break a stun more?
~D

Clerics have more DS, can hunt with only spells or spell/weapon and in safer stances.

Paladins are required to use weapons 99.9% of the time (the only exception would be a random spell crit) and need to hunt in more offensive stances.

>With all of the Cleric spells we already call upon the favor of our gods why wouldn't we do so when we need it most?

I'm not sure you'd agree with me if I used that same argument to suggest Paladins should be able to raise (others and self), cast Benediction, Prayer, etc exactly like Clerics. Yet, all Paladin spells are called upon from the favor of our chosen Arkati.

-farmer

That's just what we want, criss-crossing furrows all over the town streets from someone wandering through with their animated plow super buddy.
-Strath

Re: 320- What I'd like to see... 11/30/2010 05:26 PM CST
You guys are really limiting yourself by only stealing sorc and paladin spells/abilities.

You should request the ability to enchant, haste, summon divine entities, heal, pick, and loresing be incorporated into 320. I mean it's a level 20 cleric spell, quit trying to make it a watered down version of some crap class spell.

You should also request that 'divine being' be added to your list of profession titles.

Dgry
Re: 320- What I'd like to see... 11/30/2010 06:50 PM CST
350 is the spell clerics have to help them deal with the consequences of being stunned.
Re: 320- What I'd like to see... 11/30/2010 08:05 PM CST
>>
I'm not sure you'd agree with me if I used that same argument to suggest Paladins should be able to raise (others and self), cast Benediction, Prayer, etc exactly like Clerics. Yet, all Paladin spells are called upon from the favor of our chosen Arkati.<<

Paladins can raise others via 1640, and I would have no issue with a Paladin being able to use Beseech to raise themselves.

I'm not looking to get into a pissing contest with Paladins, I'm only saying that I don't see a reason why both classes can't share in the beseech love.

~D
AIM: Delcian

"Only after disaster can we be resurrected." - TD
Re: 320- What I'd like to see... 11/30/2010 08:39 PM CST
>Paladins can raise others via 1640, and I would have no issue with a Paladin being able to use Beseech to raise themselves.

Heh. Paladin raises are silly to even mention.

>I'm not looking to get into a pissing contest with Paladins, I'm only saying that I don't see a reason why both classes can't share in the beseech love.

Wouldn't you want to develop your own spell instead of just straight out asking for another profession's?

I mean, really. Being clerics, with your guru, you do realize you'd get a far superior version of our spell anyway.

-farmer

That's just what we want, criss-crossing furrows all over the town streets from someone wandering through with their animated plow super buddy.
-Strath