My 320 Idea: Divine Aura 04/04/2018 07:18 PM CDT
The name kinda sucks, but the idea is solid

SO!

20 mana. Self-Cast only. Flat 1 minute duration.

Every 10s, your foes must face the wrath of your deity that strikes at them! Your very countenance is anathema to the enemies of your God, and if they do not resist/evade/whatever (via SMRv2 roll), they will be struck with a (insert deity based flare here) damage cycle w/ a % chance to knock em down or stun em!

Base amount of enemies effected? Up to 3.
Base chance for a knockdown/stun? 40%.

Summoning lore increases the number of enemies that can be effected.
Blessing lore lowers the 'proc rate', i.e you can reduce the amount of time between Cycles
Religion lore increases the chance for a knockdown/stun/whatever.

Boom. You're welcome.

This allows some swarm-capability, and is both damage/disable based. Lores can be used to tune it to the casters needs (bigger swarms, faster proc rate, more reliable disabler). The 1 minute duration means it wont be something you fire on and forget, and I feel its not extremely powerful and works well with a clerics toolkit. Numbers of course may need adjusting with testing, but my gut tells me its a solid first draft.

Thoughts?

Berbels shrilly exclaims, "Ise takings hims tos secretses lairses!"

Berbels grabs you and drags you east.
Re: My 320 Idea: Divine Aura 04/04/2018 10:03 PM CDT
>>Thoughts?

I like it. Flip side doeesn't seem spec'd out yet, though.

This shining beacon of avatastic avarice will completely draw the attention of all (opposing deity type) creatures, who will attack nothing other than the offensive shining tin can, until such time as the tin can is mush.

Might need some gussying up, but you get the idea.

Doug
Re: My 320 Idea: Divine Aura 04/04/2018 10:13 PM CDT
Ah so you want some Downside to maybe balance it a bit?

Maybe since you're graced by the power of your Divinity, you feel that you are above such mortal concerns as...you know, evading the attacks. So a penalty to your E/B/P that can be trained off a bit perhaps with either Cleric Ranks or SMC?

Berbels shrilly exclaims, "Ise takings hims tos secretses lairses!"

Berbels grabs you and drags you east.
Re: My 320 Idea: Divine Aura 04/11/2018 02:38 PM CDT
I'd be all for the cleric equivalent of Zealot, adding offensive power with some downside. I suggested something similar a few months ago: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Clerics/Cleric%20Spells/view/1371

But I'm not sure any of us have hit the mark on what that downside should be, necessarily! We all went straight to defensive disadvantages, but I've been thinking about it more since then and the trouble is that as long as 316 and 319 exist--and 140 at high levels--clerics are already so well off defensively that a minor penalty might as well not be there.

Maybe, like with Zealot and Divine Shield, there should be an anti-Soul Ward that forces a choice... I'll have to think about that one!

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara
Re: My 320 Idea: Divine Aura 04/11/2018 03:15 PM CDT
Hey! Zealot was originally a Cleric spell.