235 Spell Idea: Enlightenment 01/17/2017 11:09 AM CST
The spell requires a 20 second meditation to cast to full duration (before lore). When in effect, the spiritual wisdom of the Cleric reaches an apex with a personal vision. This allows the caster to be more directly in tune with the powers of the Gods for use of their divine magicks.
1200 sec. non-stackable

A spirit casting 'Haste' for Clerics. This reduces the RT of spirit and cleric based spells by -1 and with lore by 2 seconds. A -1 RT to Physical RT for swinging a SANCTIFIED weapon will be activated at a certain Lore training level (maybe huge Lore can give the full -2).

Now let's think about why this is not overpowering the cleric. #1, the Priest is the number 1 rescuer. They are most likely to need to deal with emergent threats with the most alacrity. Right now, a cast of 220 or 213 in a situation even at like level for cap or 70's, even 40's can be enormously risky. That -1 sec. can be a huge bolstering of the
survivability of the cleric who braves the swarm. Secondly, Clerics are not exactly overpowered in terms of offensive strength! They have enough but they are not the Paladin running Zealot swinging at +600. A reduction to their Spirit Strike RT, to their 302 or SPELL AIM bolts could be a nice accelerator for them.

I also like the idea that this spell could be something very very fun for programmers/designers! Let me explain--

no one has really made a spell that has totally unpredictable results. What if this spell did 'funny' things if not SELF-CAST? What if TARGETS who are FOE's get a number of possibilities: SLOWED, BOUND (or a reduced version), REPENTANT (kneel in submission), TURNED TO LIGHT (like Empath's crit version of Bone Shatter, turning their TARGET to jelly). What if they suddenly behaved instead like specific Arkati -- imagine them juggling and trying to make us laugh instead of the battle because Cholen is suddenly running through them? Or some of their spells backfire on them.
Re: 235 Spell Idea: Enlightenment 01/17/2017 12:20 PM CST
It's an interesting idea, though it may be too Deity-aligned for the 200s - unless you meant for it to be in the 330 slot (if Commune was turned into an innate ability?)

Empaths still have access to the 200s and it seems like it may stay that way for some time/forever, regardless if they're considered Hybrid Mental/Spirit. (I know it was briefly suggested that Empaths will lose the 200 sphere in favor of Minor Mental, though I think a lot of Empaths were unhappy with that idea.)