320 Spell Idea: Holy Ground 01/17/2017 10:59 AM CST

The Cleric consecrates his turf by asserting divinity with spiritual forces to assault his FOE with bursts of light. The energy surrounding the target begins to merge with that of the natural environment and when they meet, the dangerous results for the TARGET involve numerous MANEUVER based assaults. The light from within snaps and crackles into
lightning, blue and white energy, heat and cold. While no harm comes to the surroundings, the unfortunate victim has to face the onslaught of energy from limb to limb, organ to organ all over their body. The space surrounding the living being can buckle as the light is sucked from it then the transfer into the living or undead adversary can occur something like reactor. Imagine all the energy from within the body of a living soul is suddenly converted into a hectic frenzy of overabundance, like too much electricity passing through a cable (by 1000x) only this is spiritual light?

I really like the idea of a bonus for casting it if it works, like a little manna boost or some kind of unique item (like gems with 101 in it or something useful like a 10 mana blank imbed), perhaps a defensive boost so the next MANEUVER spell against you will meet with a +10 bonus in your favor...anything to sweeten it up and make it more fun.

The reason I like this is because it's the right level spell slot for it, the spell is very 'Clericky' and as a Warmage Cleric, there's nothing MANEUVER based and it can be monotonous. This could be considered a sort of 'Boil Earth' for Clerics but it's not intended to function like that as much as its own thing. I'd like to see a very visual representation of the spell if implemented, something wildly light ridden and dramatic. Also the DAMAGE could be done in a graduated way with instant gratification to kick off with. CALL LIGHTNING takes too long for the most part of be useful for the one shot payoff, there's not a lot of offensive weaponry there for the CLERIC. This would really be effective for combat and it will mix things up.
Re: 320 Spell Idea: Holy Ground 01/17/2017 07:44 PM CST
I like it. Since you mentioned Call Lightning and got it on my mind, it's kind of funny to me that we have a lot of spells that have charge times: Call Lightning, Fervent Reproach, and Divine Wrath. So, like you said, I'd at least want an explosive start to any new maneuver spell, especially in a high level slot.

And I do really think we could use a maneuver spell of our own (AKA not something in Minor Spiritual that almost everyone has). After Leafi started hunting the Bowels, sometimes she would joke in town about Illoke being stronger than any Arkati since it's just so effective whenever those mystics and jarls "call down the wrath of their god" or whatever the wording is.

AIM: sweetleafiara@gmail.com