Sense other followers of same diety 02/03/2013 01:34 AM CST
So, there are times I find myself wanting to RP with followers of the same deity that I'm a cleric of. But unless they have the profile toggled, it's tough to do that.

So, my suggestion - allow clerics to be able to sense in a room any other followers of their patron. 'You detect the presence of <deity> with x, y, z."

This COULD get worked into a cleric guild set of skills (kraki talks about these "orisons" which sound sweet but I dont expect will move beyond brainstorming phase for awhile.)
Re: Sense other followers of same diety 02/03/2013 09:36 AM CST
Neat idea. Paladins could find this useful as well. Right now I have the word Koar highlighted so when I see it on someone I can then highlight their name. This would be like a symbol of recognition for each Arkati.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Sense other followers of same diety 02/03/2013 10:03 AM CST
But unless they have the profile toggled, it's tough to do that.

Why do you think those same clerics that don't publicly display their deity would want you to see it via another skill? Some people choose to conceal that information and only reveal it to those close to them.

Dgry
Re: Sense other followers of same diety 02/03/2013 10:08 AM CST
I actually think this is a pretty good idea.

In general, the character (player?) doesn't want the information shared. But a cleric, exceptionally close to the spirit, has a way to sense the spirituality. Maybe not 100 percent, maybe skills / infamy may factor in. Who knows?

But, like the Spirit of Voln allows those monks to teach us how to sense undead (after all, these are the monks doing this, non-clerical and they figured out a way) perhaps the clerics should have a like life skill with regards to their deity.

I'd even go one step further and say adherents to the cleric's faith, and the juxtaposed faith would leave a 'generally uncomfortable feeling' without pinpointing an individual.

Doug