few more ideas.. sanct runestaves vs living and DIVINE SACRIFICE / POSSESS 10/30/2012 11:37 AM CDT

I'm in EN.. that will be tough.

Another idea: When an item that's blessed or sanctified flares vs a living critter, can it at least be some weak water flares or steam flares? It's flaring but doing nothing, so we're losing out on that potential damage. I just found a sanctified runestaff I'd like to use in Ithzir instead of my fire flaring one.

Another possibility: A sanctified runestaff flaring vs living would give an acuity flare or mana flare, depending on lores or whatever

Yet another 318 twist: What if 2 clerics could link and raise the same body, sharing the experience and giving the body a slightly faster recovery time if the clerics shared the same alignment, and if medium accelerated recovery if the 2 clerics share the same deity, and extremely fast recovery time if all 3 share the same deity.

also, DIVINE SACRIFICE:

A cleric of the same spiritual alignment of a corpse would be able to SACRIFICE them..

1. erasing a cleric's death recovery penalty (complete revival)
2. transferring cleric's death sting to corpse. Players being SACRIFICED would receive a warning message indicating the level of death's sting they would be taking on. They can refuse this option and opt to still continue with the sacrifice or decline.
3. If the player being sacrificed is an empath, the cleric will also be healed.
4. The cleric would also experience a temporary enhancive boost based on the primary stats of the player being sacrificed (profession based).
5. The body being sacrificed would be raised with half mana, 1 spirit, but would have a doubled death recovery time and extremely slow stamina recovery time.

These could be split up or put into the same option, probably better to split them up and then also have a FULL DIVINE SACRIFICE option.

Basically, in the heat of a crazy invasion when my capped Koar Cleric gets slain, I want to be able to sacrifice my empath squire and rejuvenate myself so I can get back out there. His aim is to get the invasion under control no matter what the cost, pain of wounds, death's sting, etc. A skill impressive to behold (like miracle), not something used constantly to abuse, but something that makes clerics stand out and gives them an edge over death itself.

Lastly, POSSESS. I think lesser attack spells. (bane 302 for clerics, 1106 for empaths of dark alignment and 701/702/705 for sorcerers) could have an option to be used to hit multiple creatures in a room. So I have critter A and B, possess critter A (pass a warding roll, mana cost is 10 mana + levels of creature over the caster). Then I cast 701 at Critter B. If the warding is successful, the spell hits both targets.

You gesture at a kobold.
The kobold's jugular begins spurting blood.

As the spell strikes your first target, a dark field of energy erupts from your possessed target!
The kobold's jugular begins spurting blood.

Hope these ideas stimulate some conversation.

-Zentalin
Re: few more ideas.. sanct runestaves vs living and DIVINE SACRIFICE / POSSESS 10/30/2012 01:01 PM CDT
Can't say that my cleric would ever want to use sacrifice or be sacrificed but it could be a interesting RP tool for others. Perhaps if the mechanical benefits were added for clerics with high amounts of SMC or religion lore it could address the invasion woes without giving someone deaths sting. Still limit the use of any potential increased effects but unlock them at 100, 200 and 300 ranks of smc (maybe not that drastic)

Likewise, the appropriate mana control could be used for the 'possess' skill. However, some of the low level spells are already powerful and any buff might be accompanied by unwanted nerfs.