Air lore flare chance - BUG? 03/29/2018 07:29 AM CDT
From the wiki:

Lore Benefit
Training in Elemental Lore, Air provides a chance for the secondary flare to activate of 3% per seed 3 summation of ranks. This second chance is completely independent of the first, and has distinct messaging when triggered so the bard will know whether the weapon has flared the "first" time or the "second" time if there is only one flare. Unlike other benefits based on the summation chart, the seed 3 thresholds indicate 3% thresholds, but the benefit is provided continuously; each rank trained adds to the chance to flare.

Elemental Lore, Air ranks 1 2 3 7 12 18 25 33 42
Chance for secondary flare 1% 2% 3% 6% 9% 12% 15% 18% 21%
Elemental Lore, Air ranks 52 63 75 88 102 117 133 150
Chance for secondary flare 24% 27% 30% 33% 36% 39% 42% 45%

But from loresinging to my lance:

The harmonics generated reveal to you that the fiery mana warlance is suffused with unique bardic magic, similar yet different to those of an air elemental. It is restricted to your use only!
Carefully measuring the strength of the restless energy coursing through the warlance, you predict that the warlance has a twenty-three percent chance at a secondary flare upon striking.

So my 75 ranks of air lore SHOULD be 30% chance but the loresinging only says 23% - is there a bug somewhere?
Re: Air lore flare chance - BUG? 03/29/2018 09:09 AM CDT
DARCONAS
So my 75 ranks of air lore SHOULD be 30% chance but the loresinging only says 23% - is there a bug somewhere?

There was a bug. If you try again, it should properly state your chance to trigger the secondary flare. Thanks for reporting the issue.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Air lore flare chance - BUG? 03/29/2018 09:33 AM CDT
Thanks!
Re: Air lore flare chance - BUG? 03/29/2018 10:17 AM CDT
SINCE I know you're here and reading in this folder...
...how 'bout that Big Long List O' Spell Improvements, hmmmm? </puppydog eyes>

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Bards/Bard%20Magic,%20Spells,%20and%20Spellsongs/view/546
Re: Air lore flare chance - BUG? 03/29/2018 10:19 AM CDT
It wouldn't hurt to add some new project-options to sonic items! With everyone and their moms adding crit/padding/flares/resistances to their armors and weapons, sonics are starting to look a bit...sad.

Can we add sonics to the WPS list???? Its not like we can do rotflares or voln armor, or any of those scripts so would be nice to have some new things to add...
Re: Air lore flare chance - BUG? 03/29/2018 11:51 AM CDT
I maintain one of my previous (sets of) requests:
- have the first of the Sonic Equipment sung up get the flares as they exist now (so base chance, plus Lore);
- have the second one sung, get JUST the Lore;
- have the third one sung, get JUST the Lore at Seed4 (one level worse);
- have the fourth one sung, get JUST the Lore at Seed5 (two levels worse).

"Four? Krakii, what're you smoking! Only three!" I hear you cry.

To which I say, "Dancing Weapon/1025 for the win!"

Do you have a lot of CMans (like BearHug?), or are you Brawling? Sing the Armor first.
Use ShieldBash a lot? Sing the Shield first.
Like plotzing around with your Dancing Discus (of Doom!)? Singe the Dancing Weapon/1025 first.
Sure, you could be a normal plodder and just sing the Weapon first, but hey. Who does that?!?
Re: Air lore flare chance - BUG? 03/29/2018 11:52 AM CDT
And, of course, the other part of my Sonic Equipment upgrade/re-write.
- Change the two Songs from 'weapon' and 'shield' to 'left-hand' and 'right-hand'.
- For 'left-hand', DO allow 'shield' but do NOT allow anything but 1HEdged, 1HCrush, Brawl, Thrown, and Ranged. (i.e. no 2Hand, no Pole Arm)
- For 'right-hand', do NOT allow 'shield' or Ranged, but allow any other weapon type.