Bard Update: Song of Holding/Song of Containment 03/12/2017 11:45 PM CDT

Song of Holding becomes a Bard version of 'Floating Disk' when sung to the self (or other way to activate). We have sonic shield, armor and weapon but not sonic cloak, sack or backpack. This will give the bard the container they are trained to be able to invoke using their skillset, so the higher level the bard the bigger the container.
Re: Bard Update: Song of Holding/Song of Containment 03/13/2017 08:25 AM CDT
Interesting, but probably won't fly.

I do believe that any bard that has a decent level of air lore can gain some benefit to the extra space in disks by rubbing a black crystal.

I think a bard has to have 1.5x the lore requirements to reach the bonuses since 511 is not a native spell, but it is elemental and bards can learn minor elemental so it falls into the same sphere of spells they can learn from. So it should look something like this if 1.5x EL:A lore is needed. If I'm wrong and they need 2x the lore requirements, they'll be listed as well:

1.x5 EL:A Ranks 2x EL:A Capacity size
0 0 8
15 20 9
31 42 10
49 66 11
69 92 12
90 120 13
112 150 14
136 182 15

(any threshold over 101 ranks EL:A require enhancives)

Most bards (if not all) probably train up a decent amount of air lore as they level up - a few ranks here and there. Eventually they'd be able to get benefits from black crystals. I had a young wizard that was training up in air lore, but didn't actually acquire spell 511 until he was level 21 or 22, he'd gain benefits from extra disk space when rubbing a black crystal.

-Drumpel
Re: Bard Update: Song of Holding/Song of Containment 03/13/2017 11:07 PM CDT
Yes, a 10 item disk has a much greater chance of being able to hold 2 heavy boxes than a normal 8 item disk.
Sonic Weapon Song (1012) update request 03/15/2017 10:39 AM CDT
I see many of the alternate names for various weapon bases available for this song (looking at the list of alternate weapon names on gswiki).

Can we add a couple for Hammer of Kai alternate sonic names? longhammer, spiked-hammer