Bard Spell Concept: Song of Heroics 03/12/2017 10:18 PM CDT
First of all, let me comment on how delighted I am to see the appreciation of some of these spell ideas. This is just my creative flow manifesting this way, could be a product of my work and right now I'm kind of stopped from doing that so am overflowing. I really want to see some of these spells and other ideas implemented. Anyone interested can find a lot in Rangers, Combat Manuevers, General Discussions Game Design, some Cleric and Wizard and a few Empath and Major Spirit stuff.

Anyway, Song of Heroics would be only suitable as a 1050 or similar level slot. What it does applies to all the paths a Bard could take. The Bard sings songs of heroes inspiring great feats of Bravery and momentary glories empowering them unnaturally.

The mechanical bonuses include: A push-down, crit modifier, slight boost to aim as if they are receiving 50% of the bonus *of a hidden ambush attack while ambushing from open*. So the open-ambusher with SoH running will see a decrease to target DS and a crit modifier based on their stance. For example, if the Bard is in offensive, the push-down will be the biggest and the crit modifer the strongest. If they are in Guarded, there would be no push-down at all or very slight. Also, there is a boost to precision.

For casters, the bonus will 'flare' CS bonus now and again and will give every successul warding attempt a mana return. So every 2-5th cast or something would see a +15 to CS or similar. A cast of Song of Rage might get a 27 return with a +164 ward.

For unaimed attacks, the SoH will randomly flare for AS.

As for defensive help, this is going to be designed to give Bards an 'auto-massie' effect. When they are singing SoH and the members of the group receive the benefit, the result is +5 to STR AUR AGI and CON bonuses for 10 minutes.

This is a fraction of the benefit for the Bard who gains +10 to these bonuses as a running base. These can increase with Lore/Skill/Level.