Bard Spell Concept: Song of Partying 02/21/2017 02:34 AM CST

Song of Partying encourages FOES in the room to become intimately at ease with the Bard as if they have had a lot of drinks at a large bar gathering
and have bonded together. The idea is that the FOES will be largely more controllable than before while the spell is going. The song gives 10 Ranks of MOC automatically and also will diminish the role of the enemies in the room from ganging up for an overall advantage. They may be discouraged by great increases of RT, they may start attacking the other FOES, they may begin singing in their native (or animal) language, they may start casting beneficial spells on the Bard, they may drop their weapon and shield to sip an imaginary drink, they may leave the room giving up on the battle, they may become stunned, they may become more offensive in their stance, they may suffer a -25 AS or DS, they may feel drunkenly and begin to hurl profanities and insults but not attack, they may lose their lunch (vomit). If the Bard happens to be in the company of FOES who have far less defensive capacity (far outleveled/trained) then the likely result would be the foes won't even bother attacking them at all.

As far as benefitting the CASTING bard-- good call there! I did totally forget about that. I do these spell ideas very selfishly just 'wishing' for what I would like to see in the game.

The thinking there was somewhat similar to Partying but that this would be more individual. So that it would be easier to return as if you are 'homing' in on an area because while bonded that way, the repetition and isolation of an aimed area of the body would be something the FOE would be much more vulnerable to. I'm playing the bard I have more often now. Bards are tough because it's a lot of swing swing swing and open ambushing at 20th level is
pretty poor. This is my oldest character, I think was rolled in GS3 actually and anyway, it would be nice to have a great spell in there when he's up a year or two down the road at 40th+ training.

So as for the CAST-ing bard, I supposed Song of Deep Spirits could be something like that the last successful ward would automatically be the 'low' for the next cast. If you succeed with a ward by +125 say then the next cast would be impossible to be below +125- - you have a weighted roll. It could stack itself that way so you get a high roll and it sticks. I don't think the mechanics of spell results would be nearly as practical to make into the same area of the body because they are totally different mechanics but it could be possible to pad the casting result easily. It could work say like the +125 would get 3 results then you lose the advantage and start again, more with lore.
Re: Bard Spell Concept: Song of Partying 02/21/2017 11:30 AM CST
Golems, constructs, 'natural creatures' [wolves, coyotes], supernaturals [like elementals or guardians]... Does it work on them?
Re: Bard Spell Concept: Song of Partying 03/12/2017 12:53 PM CDT
It's so nice to see something in the bard folder. I had to think about this idea for a day or so to figure out how I felt about the idea. After some deliberation I think I like it, depending on what spell slot it was placed. If this were to replace song of rage (1016) I'd be happy with the switch. I don't think this is something I'd be using as a level 50 spell.

It does many of the things I wish song of rage does, but with a room wide impact which I like (and feel is in keeping with the idea of bard songs). I would think a spell song like this would have its success or results improved with telepathy lore training, I particularly liked the idea of the creature thinking they had something nice like drink or piece of fresh meat, sort of like a nightmare, but happy.

I would like to see the benefits to the bard be more resistance to fear based attacks, warcries,etc. due to partying too hard to know fear. Maybe higher chance of knocking a foe down (drunken master). And/or increased range and success % for traveler's song (1020).

my two silvers worth,
Archales
Re: Bard Spell Concept: Song of Partying 03/13/2017 03:41 PM CDT
The Dipset verse.