High Level Spell Slot Concept: Song of Deep Spirits 02/06/2017 10:30 PM CST

The Song of Deep Spirits will give the Bard a chance to bond with the TARGET in the spirit of friendship and harmony as if they had gotten drunk, danced about together in a pub all hours of the night on into the morning. The power of the Song is so great that even critters who are not normally disposed to celebrating in this way or are not even of the level of intelligence to understand human language may still be swayed as it reaches the core mind and being of the adversary by reaching out with openness, acceptance, charm, and magical influence. When the foe is overpowered and succumbs to the spirit of the bard's energies, the difference in combat will be that A) The Bard's swings when un-aimed will return to the same location (unless reset by AIMING of the bard) upon each swing until the area is at a max crit level, then another random area will have the same effect B) When Open Ambushing, the strike will rise in crit level by a large modifier and lower the DS of the Foe (though not automatically return to the same position). In addition if the Ambush attempt misses then the RT of the parry will be significantly reduced. C) When the critter swings at the Bard they will be less invigorated to attack which will reduce their AS a bit and reduce their crit rank by 1 if they successful ward above a minor critical. D) Occasionally the enemy will completely falter as if drinking far too many of whatever would make it drunk, falling over in RT heaving and going unconscious (something like the rate of Bone Shatter getting a 'Jelly' response). The spell will be sung continually with refreshes and will automatically trigger when either attacked by or attacking an opponent. That will trigger a CS based spell which costs 1 mana each time (draining the FOE of some of theirs, depending on their level and skillset comparatively) and only occur once until they are TARGETTING a new Foe. If the ward is successful then the effects will last as long as the song remains being sung. Accomplishing the results of Deep Spirits with a very outmatched enemy will increase the effects dramatically.
Re: High Level Spell Slot Concept: Song of Deep Spirits 02/07/2017 09:45 AM CST
Remember that high-level spells might also want to be desirable to, I don't know, high-level spellcasting Bards. (i.e. "non-weaponswingers")

Also, does this spell work to engender memories of drunken revels, in animals or constructs [golems] or elemental beings? (i.e. it is only usable on "tool-wielding" species?)

Basically, I would encourage your spell thoughts to be more generic in nature. :)