Song of noise 08/24/2015 08:53 PM CDT
Why can't sufficient lore training (i.e. telepathy maybe?) allow a bard to renew his songs while singing song of noise? This song is pretty USELESS. Some lore benefit might make it useful.
Re: Song of noise 08/24/2015 09:52 PM CDT
<<<Why can't sufficient lore training (i.e. telepathy maybe?) allow a bard to renew his songs while singing song of noise? This song is pretty USELESS. Some lore benefit might make it useful.>>>

That makes sense. I could get behind that. :) I at least think our defensive songs...particularly any sonic gear we're using...should have a higher probability of staying active. Otherwise...this song can be a bit suicidal.

~ GtG
Re: Song of noise 08/24/2015 11:58 PM CDT
Im not asking to be able to renew 1030 with it up, but our base songs would be just fine. I don't want the world here, just for the song to useful.
Re: Song of noise 08/25/2015 12:21 AM CDT
Song of noise has been amazing for me pretty much from the moment I first got it (when it was what only thing keeping me alive in Warcamps). You only renew songs once every 7-8 minutes, and you know in advance when that's going to be. Move a room away, stop singing 1017, renew everything else, move back, sing 1017. It's a mana sink, but a very useful one.

Fyonn's player
Re: Song of noise 08/25/2015 02:40 AM CDT
You don't even have to stop the song, you can renew while it is running if you dodge into another room to do so between its following cycle. Though I'll admit that in a warcamp that may be a bit much to manage.

Tal.
Re: Song of noise 08/25/2015 08:36 AM CDT
Tal, are you saying you can "renew all" in the other room while you're waiting for the Noise effect to catch up to you, and it will work?
Re: Song of noise 08/25/2015 10:35 AM CDT
Yes, and I made sure to test it in case I wasn't remembering correctly. Though I suppose there is a [(.15^3)*100]% I just got lucky in the testing.

Tal.
Re: Song of noise 08/25/2015 11:04 AM CDT
Sadly, this will only really work for a physical/melee Bard build. The casting Bard relies too much on actively blasting out spells.
Re: Song of noise 08/25/2015 03:51 PM CDT

<The casting Bard relies too much on actively blasting out spells.>

My prob with it exactly.....
Re: Song of noise 08/26/2015 04:49 PM CDT

along a similar line, I'd love to see lores effect whether you fail to renew at all.. like if you have sufficient lore training, you can overcome being stunned/too wounded and renew anyway. At least for things like your sonic gear.