Sonic Weapon Type, Sonic Shield Size, Sonic Armor ASG Defaults 01/10/2015 10:04 AM CST
So, a huge mechanical benefit of winning the Sonic Alterations each month is the fact that whatever ASG/Shield Size/Weapon you get altered... it becomes your default when you INCANT 1012/1014/1009. This makes it MUCH easier when needing to do things like putting away your weapon/shield for a climb, etc, to get your preferred type of air back in your hand.

Bards know what I'm talking about... GMs know what I'm talking about... I won't hammer the point home too much.

I just like to propose that our first Guild Ability available from the Bard Guild would be to set our Default 1009 Shield Size, 1012 Weapon Noun, and 1014 ASG, that will be activated when we use INCANT with those spellsongs.

I realize there are a lot of potential weapon nouns available... I dunno... I'll leave implementation to you guys... maybe just the default weapon groups, and not the Warlance instead of Lance options... Leave that for alterations.

~Whirlin
Re: Sonic Weapon Type, Sonic Shield Size, Sonic Armor ASG Defaults 01/15/2015 10:35 AM CST
I like this idea, but I would hope there'd be a little more to the guild skill, maybe at a certain level it lets us do non-combat related scripts with our sonic gear. You raise your shield/weapon up in defense causing your hair to blow magnificently... or some such.

I would also love to see loresongs get tweaked to include more information about TD items, and allow bards of a certain level to learn the mundane information about items with loresongs, and finally to be able to determine padding, weighting, and any other special properties of items in the lands. We are lore masters we should be able to tell you anything you need to know about an item with enough training.

Archales