STOWing/WEARing Sonic Weapons 01/26/2012 04:30 PM CST
There was a tangential comment made regarding the need to restart 1012 when climbing.

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Game%20Design%20Discussions/All%20About%20Skills/thread/1431830

Kicking that specific topic of discussion over here, would it be possible to get bard weapons temporarily worn/stowed/stashed or otherwise renewed at no cost to the user - as with the changes to the shields?

Perhaps such a thing is already in the works?

Thanks,
J
Re: STOWing/WEARing Sonic Weapons 01/27/2012 08:49 PM CST
Maybe it could be considered as an ML:M lore benefit. Then if you had the requisite skill you could do something like:

>wear longsword

>As you sing a brief variation on your medley, the longsword-shaped vortex of air centred on your right hand shimmers and becomes less solid, stretching its tip back towards its own hilt. Bending like a boomerang, it twists suddenly and wraps around your arm, writhing down the outstretched limb towards your chest. As it reaches the core of your body, it curls itself around you, slithering down and around until it settles at your waist in the shape of a sinuous sonic belt.

Then have the sonic belt show up in your inventory. Heck, you could even merchant alter customizations of it!

Put a short time limit on it that scales up with additional ML:M ranks. "Remove belt" would reverse the process, and your weapon would be back in your hand.

Dave, Brandain's Bard
Re: STOWing/WEARing Sonic Weapons 01/27/2012 09:38 PM CST
Posted this in the skills folder a little bit ago, don't know how I missed this crossover.

Would it be possible to make it so that if you drop your sonic weapon it just "floats" with you for, say, 5 or 10 seconds before returning to your hand? Like a bare bones version of the 1025 weapons. Toss it in the air, climb over some rocks, grab it and move on.

Functional, makes sense in game (I mean, I can already make a floating sonic weapon, right?), cool party trick.
Re: STOWing/WEARing Sonic Weapons 01/28/2012 04:02 AM CST

>Would it be possible to make it so that if you drop your sonic weapon it just "floats" with you for, say, 5 or 10 seconds before returning to your hand? Like a bare bones version of the 1025 weapons. Toss it in the air, climb over some rocks, grab it and move on.

Style points for when you leap a chasm and catch it while at the same time room for some humiliation messaging when you tumble down a mountain only to have your weapons fall on you without ceremony.
Re: STOWing/WEARing Sonic Weapons 02/20/2012 02:11 AM CST

How about changing things completely.
+ You can 'drop <weapon>' and the weapon will dissipate, but the Song will not end (until your proper Renewal time, if you still do not have the weapon in hand at that point).
+ If you 'renew sonicweapon/renew 1012' (with the Song still in your medley, as above) and you do not currently have a Sonic Weapon item in your hand, then a new one forms for no mana cost (0 mana, not even 4 mana of normal renewal).
- Obviously if you ever 'stop sonicweapon/stop 1012' (or 'stop singing') then the Song ends and you need to re-start it for the full 12-mana cost.

I think this would resolve both sides of the issue.

Krakii

I'd also like to point out that in certain areas of the game you CAN drop a sonic weapon. (Myklian scales, Hisskra scales)