New characters subjected to Deaths Sting now? 08/13/2010 12:24 PM CDT
Maybe I'm remembering things completely wrong here but I thought characters within the first 30 days could depart confirm all they wanted and never see a death's sting? In fact I remember making new characters and if they ever died I would always depart confirm because there was no point in waiting around for a rescue when there was no penalty in just decaying.

Has this changed? Is it just up to a certain level you can avoid death's sting and not always within the first 30 days? Was it never this way to begin with and this is another sign of old age setting in?

About an hour of my gift wasted getting 25 experience per pulse before I finally figured out I had a death's sting from the day before.
Re: New characters subjected to Deaths Sting now? 08/13/2010 12:41 PM CDT
I'm thinking it is:

30 days for skills / stats

10 levels for deathsting

Doug
Re: New characters subjected to Deaths Sting now? 08/13/2010 12:55 PM CDT
thought it was just the first 5 levels sting free.. pretty sure I had sting back when I went through this at level 9 bout three days ago... now level 14, so cant test this anymore....

Ack! Scarab!
Re: New characters subjected to Deaths Sting now? 08/13/2010 01:10 PM CDT
>Has this changed? Is it just up to a certain level you can avoid death's sting and not always within the first 30 days? Was it never this way to begin with and this is another sign of old age setting in? - TGO04

Senility.

1. Characters under level 10 will recover (Stats) at twice the normal rate.
2. Characters under level 10 will not be subject to experience absorption inefficiency.
3. Characters under level 10 will not lose Constitution for recent deaths.

and what Doug said about the first 30 days for the unlimited skill adjustments and the 5 stat reallocations.

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Death%27s_Sting_saved_post

Mark