Stat damage 05/26/2013 09:43 AM CDT
I just noticed my con stat is damaged. Its about 18 lower than it should be. Can anyone explain what causes this, and how to fix it? Thanks.
Re: Stat damage 05/26/2013 10:15 AM CDT
>I just noticed my con stat is damaged. Its about 18 lower than it should be. Can anyone explain what causes this, and how to fix it? Thanks.

Constitution loss is part of death's sting. It looks like you died and chose to depart almost immediately and haven't worked off the constitution loss yet. You can type HELP DEATH in game for more information on death's sting.

~Vanah
Re: Stat damage 05/26/2013 11:02 AM CDT
Buy potions from the priestess wandering about town which will remove one point of CON loss per potion, or just stay alive for a level or two. It gradually goes away as you get experience.

You also be take other nasties from sting, like low experience gain. To get rid of these, keep drinking the potions until the EXPERIENCE command shows you have no Death's Sting or wait it out in the same way as CON loss. Potions always fix CON first and only move to removing the other death's sting effects once CON is done.
Re: Stat damage 05/26/2013 12:59 PM CDT
There is primary death sting which goes away after X minutes... 20-30ish?

And there is the secondary Con + Exp damage which lasts based on EXP gained. This doesn't happen before level 10, so it might be why you didn't notice it. It's based on deeds/recent deaths/and method of gaining life, e.g. raise/depart.

I'd definitely check out the help file and then Krakii for the formulas.