Capped Giant Rats / Roltons / Kobolds 03/20/2017 01:19 PM CDT
[Catacombs, Some Scary Room]
You see scary looking descriptions, and a flickering portal. You also see a giant rat, and a giant rat.
Obvious exits: north, south

>go portal

[Heroic Catacombs, Some Really Scary Room]
You see the same descriptions as you did on the other side of the portal, but everything looks scarier and angrier. You also see a really giant super angry rat, and a really giant super angry rat.

A really giant super angry rat tries to bite you!
AS: 4837204237 - DS: 5 + numbers blah blah = +4378290
SPLAT

It seems you have died, my friend...

[Upper Dragonsclaw, Forest]
You see descriptions and a portal. You also a see a kobold.

>go portal

[Heroic Upper Dragonsclaw, Forest]
Same as above but super scary and stuff. Big pissed off kobold here too.

A big pissed off kobold pins you to the ground and then throws up all over you!
...45270489 damage.

You die.

A big pissed off kobold throws up again on your corpse for good measure.

Don't act like you've never thought about capped rats and kobolds before...

~ Methais
Re: Capped Giant Rats / Roltons / Kobolds 03/20/2017 01:52 PM CDT

>Don't act like you've never thought about capped rats and kobolds before...

Thought way too much. With a 39,600 gem a capped sorcerer with appropriate MAL can animate a level 1 creature and bring it up to level 100 :)
Re: Capped Giant Rats / Roltons / Kobolds 03/20/2017 02:43 PM CDT

The blood diamonds from DR appraise at 40k, if I recall. Just throwing that out there.
Re: Capped Giant Rats / Roltons / Kobolds 03/20/2017 02:46 PM CDT
Heh. I could get behind this, too. A whole new cottage industry springs up overnight.

You know - something else I'd like to see is a sorcerer with the ability to 'assign' leadership of the gathered animated creatures, say one at a time, to other characters (with appropriate lore training of course), at perhaps a greatly reduced duration.

The Elf would be more than willing to 'rent' an animated Troll King, as an example to stroll around with him. . .

Doug
Re: Capped Giant Rats / Roltons / Kobolds 03/20/2017 03:09 PM CDT
"The Elf would be more than willing to 'rent' an animated Troll King, as an example to stroll around with him. . . " -- Doug

Am I the only one humming, "Puttin' on the Ritz" and thinking if we can get top hat & tails for animates to wear? I can't be the only one...
Re: Capped Giant Rats / Roltons / Kobolds 03/20/2017 03:17 PM CDT
>profile nuadjha

Strongest foe vanquished: a rolton

That thing was at least 150. Have yet to knock it off.

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: Capped Giant Rats / Roltons / Kobolds 03/20/2017 06:03 PM CDT
Now there's an idea--not just the rats and roltons, but the portals!

Portals that appear randomly like Confluence entrances, with one or two per realm. They move around every one or two days and lead to a mirror world with superpowered versions of whatever normally lives there. A new reason to log in regularly! Will today's surprise hunting be capped kappas (greatest kappas?!) or night mares that are nightmares?
Re: Capped Giant Rats / Roltons / Kobolds 03/20/2017 07:47 PM CDT
>Now there's an idea--not just the rats and roltons, but the portals!

Cow level?
Re: Capped Giant Rats / Roltons / Kobolds 03/21/2017 10:22 AM CDT
>Cow level?

There is no cow level.

~ Methais
Re: Capped Giant Rats / Roltons / Kobolds 03/21/2017 05:16 PM CDT
I had a thought about that before. What if instead of just those creatures, a crazy scientist made golem versions of them that were super strong? But then, because he was a crazy guy, they get out of control.

Most importantly, you can't forget goblins! They insult you and ask if your mom chose your clothes!
Re: Capped Giant Rats / Roltons / Kobolds 03/21/2017 05:19 PM CDT
A great big resounding, "YES PLEASE!" to the whole "add more golems" debate!
Don't hog them all at the high end of the game, either, but share the love lower down, too!

{Owner of two "a golem deathmace" [on a Two-Weapon character, naturally] and "a blank deathflail" waiting to be set to golems, once FlailBoy gets some CMan Precision to avoid the whole "Puncture immunity" situation.}
Re: Capped Giant Rats / Roltons / Kobolds 03/21/2017 06:58 PM CDT

Steel and bone golems are pretty low level...
Re: Capped Giant Rats / Roltons / Kobolds 03/23/2017 12:36 PM CDT
Kobolds will have to up their prank game. Having one kneel behind you while the other one pushes you won't cut it at cap.

They should have a maneuver attack that knocks you out and while you're asleep they draw phallic objects on your face and laugh like frat boys while yelling THAT'S WHAT YOU GET BRO!

~ Methais
Re: Capped Giant Rats / Roltons / Kobolds 03/23/2017 03:23 PM CDT

>>Kobolds will have to up their prank game. Having one kneel behind you while the other one pushes you won't cut it at cap.

If whomever designed the ilvari sprites and pixies takes on capped kobolds I have no doubt they'll be loved and hated in equal measure. Anyone that has a character in the late 60s early 70s should definitely experience the red forest. I didn't realize some of my gnome's inventory had pockets until I began finding heaps of heavy stones in them.
Re: Capped Giant Rats / Roltons / Kobolds 03/23/2017 03:36 PM CDT
The Ilvari were one of my favorites for sure. Even though they can be annoying at times, they're just so unlike anything else that I really missed them when I got past their bounty range. Looking forward to my two level 61 characters getting back there soon enough.