New creature idea.. 03/04/2017 01:32 AM CST
So.. we have direwolves, and and ghost wolves.. neither of which are useful for any type of crafting. I was wondering if an actual Wolf of some type, that could be skinned for fur/pelts/hides.. something, would be possible to introduce. Getting some custom made boots and/or a weapon scabbard from wolf fur would be awesome
Re: New creature idea.. 03/04/2017 09:19 AM CST
>> Getting some custom made boots and/or a weapon scabbard from wolf fur would be awesome

My war mage boots...

a pair of raven-hued calfskin boots lined with grey wolf fur

were made by a cobbler. So this is 'a thing' in the game someplace already. Maybe just something you can buy from a cobbling vendor. Niadja made them so if you see her around you can ask her where she found the wolf fur.

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: New creature idea.. 03/04/2017 08:29 PM CST
Yes, but as a warrior, I can't get wolf skins/furs to make weapon sheaths with. Not sure about the cobbling features, but I imagine you'd need actual furs to make wolf skin/fur boots.. not just trimmed with fur or some other adornment.
Re: New creature idea.. 03/04/2017 09:31 PM CST
I checked the bestiary (meaning my spreadsheet of Elanthian critters) and all I see are Wolfshades and Ghost Wolves. Apparently the cobblers have slain all the wolves in the frenzied pursuit of MOAR SHOOZE and now their wolf spirits have come back to haunt us all.

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: New creature idea.. 03/05/2017 07:09 AM CST
confirming this theory.