Rotting Chimera and skinning them 04/17/2016 08:03 PM CDT

ok... several friends of mine and myself went hunting rotting chimeras outside the Keep in RR. The ranger that was with
us is very good at skinning and was able to skin several of them... then all of a sudden she couldnt...I went back out after talking to a game host who agreed that it was odd that you just cant skin all of the chimeras seeing as I was told by a GM that either only the male or female chimeras can be skinned which makes no sence as they can not be diferentiated by sex.... the following is what happened when I tried to skin the first chimera...
You slip a hand to the hidden viridian wrist sheath in your sleeve, deftly retrieving your vultite dagger.

J>kneel
You kneel down.
KJ>skin
You cannot skin a rotting chimera.

then the next chimera I killed.......
As you attempt to remove the stinger of the chimera, you feel a sharp prick!
You botched the job. The chimera stinger is ruined.

these are TWO seperate kills..... can someone PLEASE let me know whats going on?
Re: Rotting Chimera and skinning them 04/17/2016 08:08 PM CDT
Not all chimeras have stingers, some have spinnerets. You can only skin the ones that have stingers.

You can tell the difference by DESCRIBE-ing them, or by watching the maneuvers they use.

All of this is on GSWiki, which is a good place to check if you have issues like this in the future.

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Rotting_chimera

(For what it's worth, I always just traded chimera skinning bounties.)
Re: Rotting Chimera and skinning them 04/19/2016 07:12 AM CDT
I had some in my shop but they seem to have sold out. We'll put some more back.

www.tinyurl.com/kaldonis

or

;go2 kaldonis (south room)