List of enemies that require magic metals 01/05/2013 11:04 PM CST
Okay, so I know there are a few enemies out there that require being hit with magic metals. If I'm correct, there are two types:

1. Those who cannot be hit without magic metal

2. Those who will break your weapon if its not magic metal

Now, I don't know that for sure, so if someone could chime in, it would be appreciated. It would also be VERY, VERY appreciated if I could get a list of as many of these enemies as possible. Also, I know about animated slushes and glacial morphs needing fire flaring weapons . . . anything else like that out there?
Re: List of enemies that require magic metals 01/06/2013 07:28 AM CST
Any type of golem should require a magic metal to hit them.

Stone gargoyles (the lesser aswell) can shatter non-magical.

That is just my off-hand memories.

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: List of enemies that require magic metals 01/06/2013 11:48 AM CST
The golems won't break your things though, right?

Well, thats enough enemies for me to go browsing through the monster lists to keep me occupied for now.
Re: List of enemies that require magic metals 01/07/2013 03:02 AM CST
Magru destroy your weapons if they are not magic weapons.

Pretty sure ice elementals and ice golems require fire-flaring weapons. Regular weapons may hit them (not sure), but they become so cold you can't use them very quickly, as I recall.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: List of enemies that require magic metals 01/14/2013 12:04 PM CST
Any more of these? Would golems include constructs?

List so far:
Destroys non-magic metals: Magru, Lesser Stone Gargoyle, Stone Gargoyle
Requires magic metals to hit: Any golem?
Requires fire-flaring weapons: Glacial Morph

>Barnom says, "Like sage and nutmeg."
Re: List of enemies that require magic metals 01/14/2013 12:53 PM CST
Vruul require a blessed weapon of a least three enchants.
Re: List of enemies that require magic metals 01/15/2013 03:13 PM CST

cyclops require an enchanter's mark
Re: List of enemies that require magic metals 01/15/2013 06:11 PM CST
I am not sure on the constructs. Logically, they should have the same/similar restrictions as a golem, but I have never fought them with anything other than a sonic weapon or a magic metal.

Another critter you can add is minor demons, granted they are not a regularly appearing/huntable one. They, initially, require 8x and a bless.

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: List of enemies that require magic metals 01/16/2013 03:34 PM CST
I'm pretty sure greater constructs require a magic weapon. I only ever hit them with a regular weapon when my eblade wears out, and of course now that I'm claiming they need a magic weapon I'm second guessing myself but I'm pretty sure...

Ithzir do not require a magic weapon.
Re: List of enemies that require magic metals 01/16/2013 03:39 PM CST
There are a number of creatures out there that are magical in nature. It's not a short list, but it's not very big either.

~Wyrom, SGM
Quests
Platinum
Promotions
Re: List of enemies that require magic metals 01/16/2013 03:42 PM CST
>I only ever hit them with a regular weapon when my eblade wears out, and of course now that I'm claiming they need a magic weapon I'm second guessing myself but I'm pretty sure...

They used to be voln-fu fodder and I don't think any of the other critters that require magic metal could be hit by fu...of course, I'm also not 100% sure there.

--Jurp