Decorating Creatures 12/29/2012 03:13 PM CST
Hey,
I wanna beable to dress up creatures with bows and frilly things. I think it should be like a CMan, oh, a Fashion Maneuver, FMan then. Something like:

>fman glamour vaespilon
You attempt to lunge at the vaespilon with a hand full of glitter!
[Roll result: 128 (open d100: 75)]
You nearly tackle the vaespilon, covering her with glitter and gluing rhinestones all over her!
The vaespilon prances around the room happily!

>l vaesp
The vaespilon's features are so terribly deformed by death's ravages, her expression is one of almost comical surprise, until her smile widens into a grin that is a study in terror. The skin covering the walking corpse is mottled and stretched unevenly over the bones, and the surface ripples and bulges as if putrescence is bubbling underneath. The vaespilon hisses in glee as she moves, a wave of stench preceding her like an invisible assailant. Also, she now looks FABULOUS!

This should also work on players. Below I have worked out a full list of possible maneuvers for it!

Skill Name: Glamour
Mnemonic: glamour
Hostile: No
Stamina Cost: Base 7 (-4 Rank 1, -2 Rank 2)
Other Requirements: None
Available to: Warriors, Rogues, Wizards, Clerics, Empaths, Sorcerers, Rangers, Bards, Savants, Monks, Paladins.
Prerequisites:
Glitter, glue, scissors, rhinestones, frilly ribbons and bows
CMP Cost:
Rank 1: (Squares) 2 (Semis) 3 (Pures) 4
-Throw glitter all over the target, make fabulous!
Rank 2: (Squares) 3 (Semis) 4 (Pures) 6
-Glue rhinestones all over the target's outfit, make more fabulous!
Rank 3: (Squares) 4 (Semis) 6 (Pures) 8
-Decorate the target's hair with ribbons and bows! Super fabulous!
Rank 4: (Squares) 5 (Semis) 7 (Pures) 10
-Perform rank 1 and 2 at the same time! OMG SO FABULOUS!!
Rank 5: (Squares) 6 (Semis) 9 (Pures) 12
-Perform all ranks at the same time!! BOW TO THE FAB!!!!!!!

I look forward to seeing this implemented as soon as possible. Thank you!

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: Decorating Creatures 12/29/2012 03:23 PM CST
It can be component-based. You have to carry around a minimum of 50 pounds of glitter, rhinestones, etc. to be able to do it. ;)

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Decorating Creatures 12/29/2012 03:30 PM CST
Oh! And added idea then! New Artisan skill to compliment! This skills will allow you to create the glitter and ribbons and such! THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS! This should all, obviously, be the top priority, as the creatures in Gemstone are detestably unfabulous right now.

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: Decorating Creatures 12/29/2012 03:53 PM CST
I think it should be a sorcerer only ability due to the components issue. They can phase the 50 pounds of glitter and make it weigh less, thus creating the potential for a wider array of colors and textures.

~Galenok
Re: Decorating Creatures 12/29/2012 04:11 PM CST
Perhaps sorcerers will be (marginally) the best at it, although I think it should be disseminated in some way to all professions.

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: Decorating Creatures 12/29/2012 07:58 PM CST

This would be a huge buff to the spells Call wind, breeze, and focused maelstrom.
Re: Decorating Creatures 12/30/2012 09:25 AM CST
It could be extended to existing abilities like wtr spit. Similar to the ash script, but covered in phlegm rather than ash.
Re: Decorating Creatures 12/30/2012 09:29 AM CST
It's all fun and games until creatures start Glitter Bombing players.

___
GemStone IV will be up shortly!
Sorry guys, my bad :(
Re: Decorating Creatures 12/30/2012 09:21 PM CST
Or gremlins that put "KICK ME" signs on you?

Hehehe!

-Marstreforn-
Icemule Trace Guru
Halfling Guru
Re: Decorating Creatures 12/31/2012 05:03 PM CST

Or gremlins that put "KICK ME" signs on you?

I was thinking the same thing as a new goblin, kobold or hobs trick, forgot about the gremlins. Or the occasional guards do it an you dont know it, they stand an snicker at you!
Re: Decorating Creatures 12/31/2012 05:06 PM CST
<It's all fun and games until creatures start Glitter Bombing players.>

that come before or after the dance and costume routines from Glee's Lady Gaga salute?

And Happy New Year to all!